Level to old skim first?

Members online

rdb1979

Hi,

I just prepared a wall with blue grit ready for skimming but now I'm wondering whether I should float this wall level so all the blown areas are level with the firmly attached old skim?

Trouble is the corner has old skim attached and once I put the angle bead on, then I'd need a decent 6-8mm of finish coat to bring it level with the bead. What would you do, pile on the finish coat or float it level? If the latter, would you use bonding coat (I'd have to buy another bag) or hardwall (got a while bag still). And can I skim on top of that in the same session?

Cheers!

Attachments

• IMG_20180123_201852307.jpg
    IMG_20180123_201852307.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 251
Tight coat of bonding and check with a straight edge.8 mill may be a bit much for a zombie mix.Don’t forget to scrim any cracks.Skim when the bonding has gone off.

Hi,

I just prepared a wall with blue grit ready for skimming but now I'm wondering whether I should float this wall level so all the blown areas are level with the firmly attached old skim?

Trouble is the corner has old skim attached and once I put the angle bead on, then I'd need a decent 6-8mm of finish coat to bring it level with the bead. What would you do, pile on the finish coat or float it level? If the latter, would you use bonding coat (I'd have to buy another bag) or hardwall (got a while bag still). And can I skim on top of that in the same session?

Cheers!

Pay a plasterer!

Excellent thanks guys for confirming - and yes I would and do pay a plasterer for full sized rooms and ceilings etc. but not £320+ full day rate 'daan sarf' for two square metres