lime skimming

0160fliddy

Hi all, I've taken on a wall in a kitchen which needs lime plastering ,we've stripped off the old damp proof render about 4 ft high and applied a base coat of lime render but after that height the render is silly hard and impossible to remove as its clay lump underneath and is just falling apart, so my question is is it possible to lime plaster on top of old multi finish plaster which is painted so we can get the same finish on all the wall, I've asked the question on Google but cant get a definite answer seems like a bit of a grey area, thanks

Hi all, I've taken on a wall in a kitchen which needs lime plastering ,we've stripped off the old damp proof render about 4 ft high and applied a base coat of lime render but after that height the render is silly hard and impossible to remove as its clay lump underneath and is just falling apart, so my question is is it possible to lime plaster on top of old multi finish plaster which is painted so we can get the same finish on all the wall, I've asked the question on Google but cant get a definite answer seems like a bit of a grey area, thanks
try coating old multi with sbr then skim but it wont breath anymore done it on the dry part of a castle I work on itsbeen ok but if u still got damp don't think this will solve problem

i thought it was impossible to fit a damp corse to a clay lump building ?
i would pva the area of multi finish and reskim using regency lime finish , from Mike Wye, regency finish will be slow to set may even need a trowel the next day.

Go over the painted part with dg27 primer then lime finish
Screenshot_20190428-161745.png