liquid screed

Members online

Dansouthcoast84

Private Member
anyone used liquid screed from a company...?

what a rip off...

asked for a price... got a price for 50mm.
want paying before the job

day before they came to set up...(insulation by builder)..

2 days after i get a bill for 500quid saying there was extra depth.... nothing was mentioned before install. jokers... wont be using that s**t again

what a rip off...

2 days after i get a bill for 500quid saying there was extra depth.... nothing was mentioned before install. jokers... wont be using that s**t again
So you paid them up front and then they billed you further after? Is this in any small print or can you tell them to go swivel?

Standard practice to charge for extra if its not allowed for in the price but would be nice to discuss it before install. Who was the screeder?

what a rip off...

So you underestimated then?

Or do you want them to do extra work/supply more materials for free?

So you underestimated then?

Or do you want them to do extra work/supply more materials for free?
no its the fact they surveyed the job before install. and not provided any evidence the depth was out. they claim they used half again of the original quants.

they provided a quote before hand aswell.

ive got noyhing against paying whats needed but cmon just to invoice after install. its just their word for it.

extras should always be agreed before in my eyes

They provided a quote so no extra needed to be payed. An experienced firm would allow for differences and discuss with you and give an estimate.

no its the fact they surveyed the job before install. and not provided any evidence the depth was out. they claim they used half again of the original quants.

ive got noyhing against paying whats needed but cmon just to invoice after install. its just their word for it.

They should have made you aware when they prepped and surveyed, I would be a bit pissed off too.

yup I would have thought they would have said before... kinder the point of a survey...

but I suppose thats the difference between a quote and an estimate

I think you can apply the same attitude to any job big or small. I thought I was repairing some cracks round a bay for pocket money the other week. Ended up discovering a big bodge job and needed to rip it all out, get felt and insulation etc. I had a word with the customer before I started the extra work and told them it would be extra cost. Then everyone’s up to date and happy

Agreed.

I may be wrong but does liquid screed leave a residue when dry that has to be sanded in order for say tiles to bond correctly.

I never heard about sanding screed back, I know about grinding it back when moisture levels still high after a 28 day period

Actually all screeds should be mechanically agreed (lightly sanded) prior to placing bonded floor coverings. This removes any debris, mud, adhesives, mortar, curing compounds etc. It also removes any loose Laitence on the screed. The flooring trade associations consider this part of standard prep and should be the responsibility if the floor layer not the screeders.

Actually all screeds should be mechanically agreed (lightly sanded) prior to placing bonded floor coverings. This removes any debris, mud, adhesives, mortar, curing compounds etc. It also removes any loose Laitence on the screed. The flooring trade associations consider this part of standard prep and should be the responsibility if the floor layer not the screeders.
I'd be mortarfied if someone had to f**k about with my S&C screed before laying tiles!
We went through a period where we weren't getting any screeds due to the liquid ones, but things are changing back. All we hear are more and more people that are unhappy with flowing screeds. We've seen a couple of absolute shockers.