Little bit of rendering on a bungalow i done

Albert121

11683ae26cf8c79c49e886c6bd5f0bcb.png
61df8e06a2fb4d1793bf0035a1e717da.png
f9f9f77666ddca8adba04e569f7a8747.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i thought it was standard practice to fit bell cast beads.
you have bridged the damp corse with your method.

Not sure if i totally agree with that. Do use bellcast beads on every property youv renderd? Not everyone likes them. Certain clients. Builders like it straight to the floor. Or stop bead or bellcast bead. So id say its all in opinion.

I've done hundreds of rendering jobs without bellcast beads
I don't see the need to be honest. I have fitted bellcast when I've been asked or it's been a spec but some people get confused when it comes to dpc and bridging. Don't forget that a dpc is designed to let moisture out aswell

Reactions: s61
Not sure if i totally agree with that. Do use bellcast beads on every property youv renderd? Not everyone likes them. Certain clients. Builders like it straight to the floor. Or stop bead or bellcast bead. So id say its all in opinion.

we always fit bell cast beads on every sand and cement render job we do, the only time we use stop beads is on thin coat render. on ewi you fit the scrim to the base plate forming a drip. you never under any circumstance render straight down over the dpc.

we always fit bell cast beads on every sand and cement render job we do, the only time we use stop beads is on thin coat render. on ewi you fit the scrim to the base plate forming a drip. you never under any circumstance render straight down over the dpc.

Like i said bell beads arnt to everyones taste. But everyones to there own im sure your jobs look great with bell cast beads

And why is that?

It's harder to get a neat finish with a bell cast bead with sand and cement.
I've done plenty of jobs were they want a bellcast bead so there slabs can slip under so the rain water can fall away from the wall
But sometimes we put a proud plinth which also covered the dpc.
There's lots of confusion with dpc,s
A dpc tray is to let moisture out a single dpc on each skin of bricks or blocks can't be bridged unless the cavity fills up which it won't unless of a flood.

nice job mate what mix and additive do u use,just done a similar job and top coat went all powdery,got to re do it foc lol