Liverpool - plasterer needed as soon as poss

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

StevieD

Hi guys, I'd like a quote for the plastering over of 21 recessed holes left by the old style R80 spotlights. We also need a wipple effect creating to match existing ceiling. Look forward to hearing from you. Meticulous attention to detail required!

Hi guys, I'd like a quote for the plastering over of 21 recessed holes left by the old style R80 spotlights. We also need a wipple effect creating to match existing ceiling. Look forward to hearing from you. Meticulous attention to detail required!

Twy a decowater mate :RpS_thumbup:

I think u may in fact need an artexer to create a whipple effect and i am sure if u wait ling enough someone around here will be able to give u a few names :RpS_lol: :RpS_lol: :RpS_lol:

doubt you will ever be able to patch and match to the rest, easier to patch the holes and redo the whole ceiling also leave your details ie email address or phone number and someone will be intouch.

Really Sorry guys - I meant Stipple effect not wipple - no wonder you didn't know what I was talking about! Is anybody interested in doing the job?

Really Sorry guys - I meant Stipple effect not wipple - no wonder you didn't know what I was talking about! Is anybody interested in doing the job?

Like i said patch it first, skim the lot flat then if you want a stipple go over that.

it is possible to do it ,depends on what the old stipple is like, but a patch especially 21 patches so Flynnys way is much more realistic.

Stevie D, I'm based in southport, leave us an email and I will be in touch.. Like flynny was saying your best bet is to patch, over skim then re-artex if your really want artex..

The problem with patching is If the ceiling is years old, it been painted many times and blunts the stipple so patching will stick out like a sore thumb, also will there only being a very small circle to work with you won't be able to fill it out enough to look right..

Thanks for the useful replies guys - I'm not bothered about having artex but just thought that 21 "patch ups" would be a lot cheaper than a skim? In fact I'd probably prefer the ceilings smooth. ( 5 rooms in all inc 2 bathrooms). I've also been told that the artex ( done in 1990) may contain asbestos and that any disturbing of such by drilling/sanding etc could pose a health risk - would appreciate thoughts on this thanks. Spanky southport could you leave your email and I'll be in touch. Ps I ain't a Scouser- jus' live here!

Thanks for the useful replies guys - I'm not bothered about having artex but just thought that 21 "patch ups" would be a lot cheaper than a skim? In fact I'd probably prefer the ceilings smooth. ( 5 rooms in all inc 2 bathrooms). I've also been told that the artex ( done in 1990) may contain asbestos and that any disturbing of such by drilling/sanding etc could pose a health risk - would appreciate thoughts on this thanks. Spanky southport could you leave your email and I'll be in touch. Ps I ain't a Scouser- jus' live here!

bjusticeplastering@gmail.com (que the spam lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.