Loft conversion

Stewie03

Hi I could do with some advice I quoted a customer 850 to board and skim a loft conversion it's not a very big loft 2 days work at best he's decided to board it himself to save on cost so I went round to have a look on Sunday and some of the boarding is s**t it's a vaulted ceiling aswell where the strip in the middle of the ceiling is the worst of the boarding I've told him I'm gonna have to barrel the ceiling when I skim it there's no way I can get crisp lines when the boarding is wank has any other spreads come across this and what did you do thanks lads

Hi I could do with some advice I quoted a customer 850 to board and skim a loft conversion it's not a very big loft 2 days work at best he's decided to board it himself to save on cost so I went round to have a look on Sunday and some of the boarding is s**t it's a vaulted ceiling aswell where the strip in the middle of the ceiling is the worst of the boarding I've told him I'm gonna have to barrel the ceiling when I skim it there's no way I can get crisp lines when the boarding is wank has any other spreads come across this and what did you do thanks lads
Why quote before you new the score

Why quote before you new the score
I quoted him on the Friday evening before any boarding was done he told me on the Sunday he had boarded it himself instead just needs skimming so I popped round on the Sunday to check the boarding and I was like f**k sake lol

I prefer to curve these anyway. Less messing about.

If you’ve got to mess about sorting boards/bonding etc just charge accordingly
I'm thinking of curving it I did say some of the boarding needs to be re-done but he wasn't willing to pay any extra so I think I'm just gonna curve the ceiling for him I don't think I can produce a a good finish with crisp lines with how it's boarded

Tell the prick to save even more n skim it too.

Seriously though tell him straight. It’s gonna be exactly the same price to skim it as it was to board and skim it originally, because it’s going to take just as long to sort his shitty boarding.

Vaulted ceilings look horrible rolled too but that isn’t your problem

I always give the customer the option on how they want the vaulted ceiling doing I've just sent him a new quote through explaining the ball ache he's left me to get it looking good I doubt he will accept it though he will just have to pay some chancer to do it

I always give the customer the option on how they want the vaulted ceiling doing I've just sent him a new quote through explaining the ball ache he's left me to get it looking good I doubt he will accept it though he will just have to pay some chancer to do it

Over price it n save ya self a headache

Yes mate done one for my mate charged him 700 board dab and skim he said it was to deer and said how much if he boarded himself so charged him 400 to dab and skim bring landing wall down and a few bits in bedroom it was worst bording ive seen had to put loads more screws in finish bits off worst job ive ever done wouldn't do it again lesson learnt.

£130-140 a day
This is where plastering day raters
Are changing to get work !
These are not pros diy at best & posting there s**t work on fb

Yes mate done one for my mate charged him 700 board dab and skim he said it was to deer and said how much if he boarded himself so charged him 400 to dab and skim bring landing wall down and a few bits in bedroom it was worst bording ive seen had to put loads more screws in finish bits off worst job ive ever done wouldn't do it again lesson learnt.
It's a pain in the arse when the customers try to do your job for you or tell you how to do your job
Trouble with working for family! :D
It's not family mate f**k that I'm not self employed I work for a plastering company somehow my name got mentioned and I thought why not for a few bob bog standard job and the cock has f**k*d it up
£130-140 a day
This is where plastering day raters
Are changing to get work !
These are not pros diy at best & posting there s**t work on fb
I hear you mate I work for a company I'm not self employed this was just a job through word of mouth I'm on £140 day as a plasterer if I ever went self employed I ain't charging day rates you wouldn't make any money doing it on day rates considering everything you will have to pay out like tax insurance liability insurance petrol etc the lost goes on

Only having the craic Stewie mate,you will get good advice on here if you keep popping in. The rule is that you are the expert and you tell the customer how the job is to be done etc. Some people can do a very nice job of boarding but how are we to know until we see the job.

Mate don't worry I'm not easily offended i love the banter the customer has got somebody else into skim it anyway probably for cheap as he don't want it curved he wants the lines so I feel sorry for the nutter who's took it on levelling some stop bead on the edges won't help much either ray Charles has done the f**k**g boarding just means I can go to the pub on Saturday now and spunk my money on football accumaltors

Mate don't worry I'm not easily offended i love the banter the customer has got somebody else into skim it anyway probably for cheap as he don't want it curved he wants the lines so I feel sorry for the nutter who's took it on levelling some stop bead on the edges won't help much either ray Charles has done the fkg boarding just means I can go to the pub on Saturday now and spunk my money on football accumaltors
Don't feel sorry for me I.ll sort it