Loft

Members online

Marty57

Hi guys have a timber built dormer to render , builder wants Krend what's best background to apply to? In past ive used rib lath sheets is there newer better system now days ?

Hi guys have a timber built dormer to render , builder wants Krend what's best background to apply to? In past ive used rib lath sheets is there newer better system now days ?
Might be better with a thin coat systems pal over render carrier board you can still use krend but tc15

Cement particle board and a thin coat system. It can be done with a monocouche but one that is made for timber build. K Rend do one and it is not the same as the monocouche you put on bricks and blocks.

So this builder as only gone & put hardie backer on the timber frame after telling him what he needs , ive declined to do it , im plastering the inside of the loft so i'll keep you informed what he comes up with next !

So this builder as only gone & put hardie backer on the timber frame after telling him what he needs , ive declined to do it , im plastering the inside of the loft so i'll keep you informed what he comes up with next !
Let's put it this way he ain't gonna change it by the sounds of it I would still do it but tell him it's nowt to do with you cos you've used the wrong stuff i would krend r10 and hpx
Or micro and maite wouldn't chance it without a pre grit to be honest

Been racking me brain trying to remember coloured render i used best part of 30yrs ago got it! cemrend was like gorilla snot ! K rend its replacement i assume ?

Been racking me brain trying to remember coloured render i used best part of 30yrs ago got it! cemrend was like gorilla snot ! K rend its replacement i assume ?

Think Cemrend was the one made before Weber bought them out. The oroginal British Monocouche.

Can’t rember the original name someth like Webster & Broustin.

Hardibacker is a cement particle board. Might be internal grade. HPX and silicone finish.