Longest period away from plastering?

Cornelius

ive been signed off for another month but hope to return before then, getting a bit nervous about going back now, any of you guys been out for a while and returned successfully? I'm worried about being unfit or getting too tired, luckily I'm going back on to daywork though so not going mental on price.

Was out about a year few year back come back in to it no bother really took couple weeks to get the way I worked back but on the hole it was like a duck to water you be fine pal

I had about a six month stint when taken theclemo route, struggling ever since tbh, I'm probably not right in the head:confused:

It's more of a mental obstacle I think, I've lost a bit of confidence and perhaps that is the problem. im intending on just doing 2 or 3 days a week to start with slowly ease myself back into a routine.

I regularly go for months at a time without plastering, you'll be fine matey don't worry. As our friend player force rwf says confidence is key hahaha

ive been signed off for another month but hope to return before then, getting a bit nervous about going back now, any of you guys been out for a while and returned successfully? I'm worried about being unfit or getting too tired, luckily I'm going back on to daywork though so not going mental on price.

It's more of a mental obstacle I think, I've lost a bit of confidence and perhaps that is the problem. im intending on just doing 2 or 3 days a week to start with slowly ease myself back into a routine.

Arent you the one who had a heart attack! Corninthenob, man do yourself a favor and take the rest of the year off and enjoy yourself and in that time, look after yourself. And when you do go back, ease yourself in with few days a week. Tbh thou, if it where me, id be considering career change if i was lucky enough to survive a heart attack. Plastering is very hard on the body and i dont know if its a myth or not but when growing up, i was always of the belief that plasterers where renowned for heart attacks. f**k going back to that shite!

Arent you the one who had a heart attack! Corninthenob, man do yourself a favor and take the rest of the year off and enjoy yourself and in that time, look after yourself. And when you do go back, ease yourself in with few days a week. Tbh thou, if it where me, id be considering career change if i was lucky enough to survive a heart attack. Plastering is very hard on the body and i dont know if its a myth or not but when growing up, i was always of the belief that plasterers where renowned for heart attacks. f**k going back to that shite!
It was a stroke, I'm 34 and made a full physical recovery and hope to get on with my life and do the things I used to do before I was unwell. I'd happily do another job but I'd need to retrain and would earn less. I just want my old life back and I'm not prepared to give up yet.

2009 was me.... I struggle now but I am sure after a week or so you will get up to speed again... or just look at ways of working smarter andf efficiently :D

loop_bike_preview.jpg
Tiz like this .

I'm going to do some subbying first, work with other people will be nice instead of on my own, no quoting or anything else to consume my time either just go to work and come home.

Good move pal...

IMO its all the other stuff that causes the stress...

Like I always say the works itself is the easy part!

when i had my heart bypass, 11 years ago now. i was off work for 20 weeks. the final 6 weeks i went into rehab to learn how to exercise, diet and handle stress.
i then returned to plastering working with my youngest son on domestics. i would just work to noon then go and have a lie down in the afternoon. it is the anaesthetic from an op, it lives on in your flesh for about a year and you do feel tired.
i still remember my first hurdle, picking up a bucket with a full bag of set in to pour on to the board. i had to do it as it is an every day movement when plastering.

good luck Cornelius.

I was off for 18months but not because health... Sat at a desk and when I started again it took about 2 weeks to get back in the swing of things again. If your subbing and its day work then bothered? Do you what you can but don't knock yourself out.

Good move pal...

IMO its all the other stuff that causes the stress...

Like I always say the works itself is the easy part!
Yes I just want to keep my
when i had my heart bypass, 11 years ago now. i was off work for 20 weeks. the final 6 weeks i went into rehab to learn how to exercise, diet and handle stress.
i then returned to plastering working with my youngest son on domestics. i would just work to noon then go and have a lie down in the afternoon. it is the anaesthetic from an op, it lives on in your flesh for about a year and you do feel tired.
i still remember my first hurdle, picking up a bucket with a full bag of set in to pour on to the board. i had to do it as it is an every day movement when plastering.

good luck Cornelius.
sounds like you have been through similar hard times mate and went on to conquer that's very encouraging for me thank you (y)

Still can't believe I had a stroke at 34 I was otherwise fit and healthy don't drink don't smoke went to the gym 3 times a week, I guess sometimes s**t just happens

You'll be fine coming back to it. There's fellas who've done a five day course or watched some YouTube videos out there making a living.

Glad you're okay by the way. What about becoming a tutor like puddove?

It's like riding a bike........like @beader says.
Good luck mate, but go real steady, those that love you are probably not ready to see you go just yet.
All the very best.
Dropsalot.

Still can't believe I had a stroke at 34 I was otherwise fit and healthy don't drink don't smoke went to the gym 3 times a week, I guess sometimes s**t just happens

you are one of 4 of my mates down here that has had one under the age of 40... its becoming more common... worryingly

Its not s**t just happens. Its your diet, you eat the westeren diet like the rest of us and this is one of the outcomes. Its going to come knocking at all our doors wether a heart attack, cancer, turmors growing out of our arse nose and ears or some other sort of illness. It hits us all differently but the cause is all the same.

Its not s**t just happens. Its your diet, you eat the westeren diet like the rest of us and this is one of the outcomes. Its going to come knocking at all our doors wether a heart attack, cancer, turmors growing out of our arse nose and ears or some other sort of illness. It hits us all differently but the cause is all the same.
My diet was good loads of fruit and vegetables but a few naughty treats here and there like anyone else a balanced diet I would say, I met a guy the other day who got lung cancer but never smoked in his life, plain bad luck

My diet was good loads of fruit and vegetables but a few naughty treats here and there like anyone else a balanced diet I would say, I met a guy the other day who got lung cancer but never smoked in his life, plain bad luck

Not smoking and getting cancer isnt plain bad luck. He mighthve got it being in the house to much inhaling all that radon gas that naturally comes up from the ground. Corn, you may think your diet was ok but trust me, it wasnt becuse if it was, your body wouldnt have responded the way it did my friend. Theres a long way from eating a few fruit&veggies to a proper healty diet. Very very few people eat a proper healthy diet. Anyway, good to see ya still here.

Not smoking and getting cancer isnt plain bad luck. He mighthve got it being in the house to much inhaling all that radon gas that naturally comes up from the ground. Corn, you may think your diet was ok but trust me, it wasnt becuse if it was, your body wouldnt have responded the way it did my friend. Theres a long way from eating a few fruit&veggies to a proper healty diet. Very very few people eat a proper healthy diet. Anyway, good to see ya still here.
Being t total non smoker not overweight and gym 3 times a week I'd say I was pretty unlucky but I hear what you're saying about the diet even bread and pasta is full of crap breakfast cereals full of sugar and fast burning carbs

I think it's unfortunately down to luck as well. My mates son aged 28, dropped dead on the football pitch, he wasn't a pro or anything just a lad who plays 5aside, never had any medical problems. Was always an active lad, grafter too, left their parents puzzled.

I did the paleo diet before and that was good, just eat what the caveman used to eat meat fruit veg seeds nuts etc only natural foods that come off trees out of the ground or from animals, good diet but very expensive

from what i remember when i was in rehab. plenty of salads, no meat that is larger then the palm of your hand. oily fish at least twice a week. graze, small meals, not a large meal as your heart has to work hard to digest. no fried food, plenty of exercise your heart needs to beat hard at least twice a day. plenty of s*x, i had to ask the young lady what this is as i had forgotten.