Looking for good plasterer Costa del Sol

Members online

No members online now.
But he said he didn't want your sort - doesn't want artex boys or lads or gays, but contradicts himself when he says he has nothing against them - but obviously does.
I think you sussed him and his expectations up perfectly.

Interesting replies... I seem to have attracted mostly Trolls for some reason, although they exist on every forum unfortunately. I posted on this forum because I thought it was a professional forum, and did not expect the responses that I got. To humor you, the answers to your comments are below:

You heard him lads no silly prices. Take your day rate like a bitchhh . You won't be considered because although I have nothing against gays, I am looking for a heterosexual plasterer whose bitches aren't lads. :)

What’s silly prices??
Excessively more than the going rate. Eg. If you went into that smart new pub that has just opened and were charged 8 quid a pint, when you normally paid 4.50 in your own local, I bet you'd think the new pub was charging you silly prices. Down here on the Costa del Sol, most of us are just ordinary people, but there are some contractors that want to work a few hours a day and charge for 10. I just want a fair price for a fair day's work. Down here we call the silly quotes, "Marbella Prices".

Biggest red flag for me that, even worse than “we’re on a budget”
Everyone has a budget, but I didn't say that. Read the last answer!

Maybe suggest a rate per m2 or day.
I've been building for 45 years, (yes, I'm an old git) and I've never suggested a rate to any sub-contractor. That is for the sub-contractor to tell the main contractor.

Hang on be freezing in jan. On the Costa del Sol? I don't think so. :cool:It's 33C today, and whilst we have an odd nippy day in the winter, it's usually above 20C and around 10C of a night

So what's wrong with using the local guys? I'm looking for a local guy. My budget doesn't stretch to flying you and your mates down for a jolly. the guy I normally use is tied up until next March. Or are their local supply and demand prices not to your liking, i.e you want a cheapo job? Where in my post did I even suggest I wanted a cheapo job?? I'm surprised you have any work with this sarcastic manner you have?
....can you shed any light on silly spanish prices? As above.

I apologize for not explaining myself more clearly in my original post. I don't want a cheapie job. I want a good job doing at a fair price. I want someone local to the Costa del Sol, not based anywhere else. I don't care what nationality you are as long as you live on the Costa del Sol, and are reliable honest and a good plasterer.

If I get any more responses from trolls, I'll just delete my post, and find someone here or wait until March. I'm not that desperate.... What the trolls of you should consider, is that there is probably a decent plasterer or 2 here who are looking for work, and all you are achieving by your antics, is f**k**g it up for them. I've always liked to know I'm busy in the January of every year, as it gives you chance to have a decent Christmas without wondering where your next paycheck is coming from. I'd expect most of you could relate to this.

@zombie gonna be puzzled to how you turned writing blue.

20c ,that's me out to warm . Cost you to much in factor 50 to keep health and safety happy

So what's wrong with using the local guys? Or are their local supply and demand prices not to your liking, i.e you want a cheapo job?
Locals as in the Spanish? They are often unreliable and inept. Many of them don't speak English, which could cause major problems on the job if you are not fluent in Spanish.
Locals as in Brit ex-pats? Many of them tell you they can do a job that they really can't do.

He’s at AA meeting.
He's on quiet time with me ... His endless depression and illiterate expression was just too much. I wanted to kill myself reading it sometimes.

But I would still usually see something to the effect that there's blocked content, which I haven't for a while.

Is he still about?

He's on quiet time with me ... His endless depression and illiterate expression was just too much. I wanted to kill myself reading it sometimes.

But I would still usually see something to the effect that there's blocked content, which I haven't for a while.

Is he still about?
Yeah, but not half as bad as it was mate. He started a mental health at work thread the other day! :rolleyes:

Imagine it, you're trying to give up the drink and then in walks the big G after ten minutes every c**ts down the pub.
Lol. Yeah Just when you thought you’d hit rock bottom and couldn’t get any lower that c**t opens his mouth!!

Interesting replies... I seem to have attracted mostly Trolls for some reason, although they exist on every forum unfortunately. I posted on this forum because I thought it was a professional forum, and did not expect the responses that I got. To humor you, the answers to your comments are below:

You heard him lads no silly prices. Take your day rate like a bitchhh . You won't be considered because although I have nothing against gays, I am looking for a heterosexual plasterer whose bitches aren't lads. :)

What’s silly prices??
Excessively more than the going rate. Eg. If you went into that smart new pub that has just opened and were charged 8 quid a pint, when you normally paid 4.50 in your own local, I bet you'd think the new pub was charging you silly prices. Down here on the Costa del Sol, most of us are just ordinary people, but there are some contractors that want to work a few hours a day and charge for 10. I just want a fair price for a fair day's work. Down here we call the silly quotes, "Marbella Prices".

Biggest red flag for me that, even worse than “we’re on a budget”
Everyone has a budget, but I didn't say that. Read the last answer!

Maybe suggest a rate per m2 or day.
I've been building for 45 years, (yes, I'm an old git) and I've never suggested a rate to any sub-contractor. That is for the sub-contractor to tell the main contractor.

Hang on be freezing in jan. On the Costa del Sol? I don't think so. :cool:It's 33C today, and whilst we have an odd nippy day in the winter, it's usually above 20C and around 10C of a night

So what's wrong with using the local guys? I'm looking for a local guy. My budget doesn't stretch to flying you and your mates down for a jolly. the guy I normally use is tied up until next March. Or are their local supply and demand prices not to your liking, i.e you want a cheapo job? Where in my post did I even suggest I wanted a cheapo job?? I'm surprised you have any work with this sarcastic manner you have?
....can you shed any light on silly spanish prices? As above.

I apologize for not explaining myself more clearly in my original post. I don't want a cheapie job. I want a good job doing at a fair price. I want someone local to the Costa del Sol, not based anywhere else. I don't care what nationality you are as long as you live on the Costa del Sol, and are reliable honest and a good plasterer.

If I get any more responses from trolls, I'll just delete my post, and find someone here or wait until March. I'm not that desperate.... What the trolls of you should consider, is that there is probably a decent plasterer or 2 here who are looking for work, and all you are achieving by your antics, is f**k**g it up for them. I've always liked to know I'm busy in the January of every year, as it gives you chance to have a decent Christmas without wondering where your next paycheck is coming from. I'd expect most of you could relate to this.
You can’t expect a man to come to Spain , leave his family behind , for the same amount of money he’s earning here , when he could in his own home and comforts by 4/5 o clock everyday . Well I certainly wouldn’t, I think you need to dangle the carrot rather than sort of dictate a price you wanna pay . As for you’re pub analogy , if the pub was in central
London then yes I’d expect to pay 40% more for a pint than a local pub I’d use! That all said I think it’s wrong everyone having a pop at you on here, but like someone mentioned , everyone is sick of being dictated to, I respect you never mentioned money as such but as I read you’re post , I thought “ oh here we go again another person who wants something done for nothing “Ive been plastering for nearly 40 years and it did come across like that. Good luck in finding top quality at the right price , some things go hand in hand tho

You can’t expect a man to come to Spain , leave his family behind , for the same amount of money he’s earning here , when he could in his own home and comforts by 4/5 o clock everyday . Well I certainly wouldn’t, I think you need to dangle the carrot rather than sort of dictate a price you wanna pay . As for you’re pub analogy , if the pub was in central
London then yes I’d expect to pay 40% more for a pint than a local pub I’d use! That all said I think it’s wrong everyone having a pop at you on here, but like someone mentioned , everyone is sick of being dictated to, I respect you never mentioned money as such but as I read you’re post , I thought “ oh here we go again another person who wants something done for nothing “Ive been plastering for nearly 40 years and it did come across like that. Good luck in finding top quality at the right price , some things go hand in hand tho

butter it up all you want it’s a lack of respect. He probably does it to mechanics too

Thanx Big Bruv - there you go, decent real answer to the question. Still felt like he came across as a cheapo bully boy, pity he couldn't explain it the way you have.

So what's wrong with using the local guys? I'm looking for a local guy. My budget doesn't stretch to flying you and your mates down for a jolly. the guy I normally use is tied up until next March.

Tied up is maybe an excuse?...as you have been in the building industry for 45 years...you will know that excuses are normally given where there is not enough money in the job...main contractors are normally the tightest and the ones that like to cream the most...so bottom of the list of priority for the plasterer that likes to make a decent profit.

Good luck btw.