Looking for Matthew ROCKALL

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
On that first photo I posted, we have b
To be fair that doesnt look to bad to be rescued . Specially if that unscratched scratch coats keyed to wall ok
Looking at that first photo I posted, we have been
told that all the different textures will show through, even when the top coat which is a coloured San Marco product is applied? Also he has rendered over the expansion joint? We have been severe different opinions and it now hard to know who to trust..

Not knowing you or the situation I wouldn’t want to jump on a band wagon but if all you’ve said is true then I’m sorry for your troubles that’s awful.

Bantering aside, if anyone on here knew him I’m confident they would let you know. No one has time for “tradespeople “ like that.

Hope you get some conclusion to this
Thank you..it’s all completely true unfortunately, why would I make up something so horrendous and waste my time. His downfall is all his doing and I just want to stop him doing it again and let him know he can’t hide, also his wife wants to divorce him and she needs a address to serve papers to.This guys parting trick was to nick his kids holiday money..he is scum and has left me with my house to sort but what his kids and wife are having to deal with is awful.

Hello Paddykins,

what you have so far may be acceptable basecoat. All you need is to post a job, and there is possibility
someone will continue from where it is left off.

How many m2 is area to be rendered ?
There is nothing wrong with advanced part-payment, as long as renderer seem reputable to you...
Thank you for your reply..we have had several people look at it and they do not want to continue as he has rendered over expansion joint and used a mix of many different products, all the levels are different just to name a few things..
And yes he came recommended and we were shown some of his previous work, but 3 months prior to starting our job everything changed for the worse.

The main thing I can't get over about this is the quoted £20k to put it right.

No offense op but do you have mug written on your head?

Hope you get some money back.

Thank you for your reply..we have had several people look at it and they do not want to continue as he has rendered over expansion joint and used a mix of many different products, all the levels are different just to name a few things..
And yes he came recommended and we were shown some of his previous work, but 3 months prior to starting our job everything changed for the worse.
How many square meters has been scratch coated ?
Thing is people may render it for you, if you agree on in writing- no guarantee clause.
It could be a way forward.
Are you looking at hacking off all basecoat route ?
If this guy who started it showed up, would you let him sort it, or he is off ?
Regarding expansion joints, many buildings which dont have them, rendering job never cracked. Some buldings which have expansion joints installed, developed cracks....

Last edited:
1. Your house can be saved mate.
2. You do well to expose this bloke for the tit he seems to be. It’s not right to cheat customers but is worse to abandon family. However, he will have a story to tell too.
3. Cut out the expansion joints. Removing what some consider a problem might help.
4. Get someone off here to have a look at the work.
5. Be prepared to have to apply more material to get an even stable base onto which the finish render could be applied.
6. Consider a different finish, something that might hide the poor scratch coat.
7. Do not pay 20k lightly.
8. Breathe. Stress is a killer.
9. Buy your wife a big bunch of flowers, coz you know you’ve taken this out on her too many times already.
10. Problems are meant to be overcome. You will succeed and you will be better for it.
11. Did I mention breathe?

The main thing I can't get over about this is the quoted £20k to put it right.

No offense op but do you have mug written on your head?

Hope you get some money back.
The 20k comes from a national company who works with all the big home builders. They want to remove all the render and start again..5men x 5 days to get off all the crap he put on there, then start from fresh. We approached them because we thought we would have some recourse if it went wrong and also a guarantee of the work. Obviously this won’t be happening because I don’t want to damage the house it’s 1860 plus I haven’t got 20k..

1. Your house can be saved mate.
2. You do well to expose this bloke for the tit he seems to be. It’s not right to cheat customers but is worse to abandon family. However, he will have a story to tell too.
3. Cut out the expansion joints. Removing what some consider a problem might help.
4. Get someone off here to have a look at the work.
5. Be prepared to have to apply more material to get an even stable base onto which the finish render could be applied.
6. Consider a different finish, something that might hide the poor scratch coat.
7. Do not pay 20k lightly.
8. Breathe. Stress is a killer.
9. Buy your wife a big bunch of flowers, coz you know you’ve taken this out on her too many times already.
10. Problems are meant to be overcome. You will succeed and you will be better for it.
11. Did I mention breathe?

Thanks for your reply..yes breathe is good advise.. we won’t be spending 20k because we haven’t got it.
We have had several people look at it but as yet know one wants to pick up where he left off because he clearly has used all sorts and not in a good process apparently. We know nothing about rendering and at the minute we are getting conflicting advise, ie take it off don’t cover it..
I really appreciate your constructive approach..it means a lot.

The 20k comes from a national company who works with all the big home builders. They want to remove all the render and start again..5men x 5 days to get off all the crap he put on there, then start from fresh. We approached them because we thought we would have some recourse if it went wrong and also a guarantee of the work. Obviously this won’t be happening because I don’t want to damage the house it’s 1860 plus I haven’t got 20k..
5 men 5 days is harsh, i’d Imagine 5 kangos going at that you’d have it off in a day. Is this the only elevation you need rendering? Or is it a semi or detatached?

@Paddykins

Which San Marco product did you plan to use as top coat ? Can you post some pictures please ?
Will do..
5 men 5 days is harsh, i’d Imagine 5 kangos going at that you’d have it off in a day. Is this the only elevation you need rendering? Or is it a semi or detatached?
It’s detached.. all of the front all of one side and part of back and part of other side

Attachments

• 0FCEB20A-3B42-484D-8542-EEA33C34A359.jpeg
    0FCEB20A-3B42-484D-8542-EEA33C34A359.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 293
  • 3EA29474-FE55-4799-8F65-6FA130BB9689.jpeg
    3EA29474-FE55-4799-8F65-6FA130BB9689.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 264
How many square meters has been scratch coated ?
Thing is people may render it for you, if you agree on in writing- no guarantee clause.
It could be a way forward.
Are you looking at hacking off all basecoat route ?
If this guy who started it showed up, would you let him sort it, or he is off ?
Regarding expansion joints, many buildings which dont have them, rendering job never cracked. Some buldings which have expansion joints installed, developed cracks....
I don’t really want to have to hack it all off as the house is 1860s and I don’t want to do any damage.as for the bloke who done this he is long gone and no way would I allow him to carry on as he is way out of his depth.
The expansion joint seems to bring different opinions so it’s hard to know what to do.
We realise now that there is not going to be any guarantee available on anything further.

No offence mate, but I think they told you 20k because they don't want to do that job, if they such a big nationwide rendering company working for the volume housebuilders doubt they want to touch such a gem, but that's just my 2p worth.
best of luck

No offence mate, but I think they told you 20k because they don't want to do that job, if they such a big nationwide rendering company working for the volume housebuilders doubt they want to touch such a gem, but that's just my 2p worth.
best of luck
What he said.

best of luck
Totally agree..problem I’ve got is nobody wants to touch it!

Totally agree..problem I’ve got is nobody wants to touch it!
Self help old mate. Get some tower, get that shite render to the skip. Try to get a “ blank canvas” and then, someone will give you a quote. Remember, you’re only going to end up with something better than you have now, but it’s never going to be the result you had hoped for.
Breathe.
And for Christ’s sake, buy her those flowers!

Never go with a national company if you're on a budget.... a lot of your cash will go on site canteens and office staff, foremen and clerks of works... surveyors and salesemen... all the stuff that makes a big company tick.

Remember that everything can be fixed. The worst that can happen is that it needs to be stripped and start again. It's only plaster.

Hint....Nobody on here would dare do you a bad job....

Trying to sum this up, lets say

first guy did 3000 worth of works, which looks like from picture as thinner scratch coat, which probably has enough cement in it, to key in ok. you paid 6000 for it.
For someone to level it up and put finish coat, it is lets say 7000. Assuming you have only those 2 walls on pictures.

Whole thing doesn't look worse than before you commenced, so you can wait until you have money to do it.

I used figures only just to put whole thing into perspective.

Trying to sum this up, lets say

first guy did 3000 worth of works, which looks like from picture as thinner scratch coat, which probably has enough cement in it, to key in ok. you paid 6000 for it.
For someone to level it up and put finish coat, it is lets say 7000. Assuming you have only those 2 walls on pictures.

Whole thing doesn't look worse than before you commenced, so you can wait until you have money to do it.

I used figures only just to put whole thing into perspective.
That’s the dilemma though..do we carry on and cover and take a chance on final look or take off and start again?
It’s seems there is an argument for both? That’s whats confusing now!

@Paddykins
Do you have to decide this Autumn ?
Leave decision for next year summer.
If you can, go for rock mineral wool insulation.
With everything that’s gone on I just want a definitive plan..I know now we have got to wait till next year..just got to live with the way the front of house looks

Status
Not open for further replies.