Love LEDs me

Mtt.tr

Saw a florescent on a stand it was only a 2 ft lamp £90

Sod that found sone scrap box section, whip out the Tig welder 30mins later sorted. Lamp was £27 it's led, found alternatives online that will run either 110-240v

It's the nuts shows every little imperfection, will likely make one more and make this one and the other pivot for ceilings. ( Might treat myself and use some stainless. )

IMG-20181221-WA0010.jpg
IMG-20181221-WA0011.jpg
IMG-20181221-WA0008.jpg

Saw a florescent on a stand it was only a 2 ft lamp £90

Sod that found sone scrap box section, whip out the Tig welder 30mins later sorted. Lamp was £27 it's led, found alternatives online that will run either 110-240v

It's the nuts shows every little imperfection, will likely make one more and make this one and the other pivot for ceilings. ( Might treat myself and use some stainless. )

View attachment 30229
View attachment 30230
View attachment 30231

Nice to see someone else can tig weld

I used to be able to do it back in the day.

Did apprenticeship on Fab/Welding. Used to do all kinds of welding. Oxy/Acet, Arc, Mig, Tig, Brazing, Silver Soldering. Welded all metals, M/steel, Stainless, Titanium, Copper the lot.

Loved it at the time for short while.

I used to be able to do it back in the day.

Did apprenticeship on Fab/Welding. Used to do all kinds of welding. Oxy/Acet, Arc, Mig, Tig, Brazing, Silver Soldering. Welded all metals, M/steel, Stainless, Titanium, Copper the lot.

Loved it at the time for short while.

Nice

I love making stuff :) got another kit car project on the go at the moment

Yep self taught, but can produce good welds. I have a tendancy to keep going until I can do something

weld anything heavy with stick. Happy to vertical up and overhead in 6013 (fincore are best) .
Nickel Welded a few cast iron gearboxes to get us racing again.
Want to get a workshop and get my machines in one place (lathes, milling machines, welders)

What kit car have you bought?

Nice

I love making stuff :) got another kit car project on the go at the moment
I know exactly how you feel Danny but it left me a long time ago.

I was working in heavy engineering manufacture and at the time it was exciting and interesting. Several jobs later and then not being stuck in a factory together with the trade basically disappearing. I havent done it for a long long time.

Yep self taught, but can produce good welds. I have a tendancy to keep going until I can do something

weld anything heavy with stick. Happy to vertical up and overhead in 6013 (fincore are best) .
Want to get a workshop and get my machines in one place (lathes, milling machines, welders)

There is no need to nickel weld cast iron. If you want to know how to do it properly PM me.

Yep I can only tig weld but welding up a kit car chassis means I can weld on my back round tubes :)

20180707_153026.jpg

I built this buggy but I am starting to rebuild a sylva mojo...

20180629_122422.jpg

I am using 3 cars to make one good one....

What's it like getting through the Iva and sva now?

the IVA is a headache... thankfully I dont have to with this build as it was on the road in the past but had a bit of an accident which is why I am rebuilding it :D all new fibreglass and what not :D

that is the case for speed but for perfection then the tig is perfect :D also that would mean buying another welder :D
On mild steel rolled tube it is no better than oxy/acetylene which would be even cheaper and take exactly the same time.

A mig welder would have put less heat into the surrounding tube.

Can I ask on the second car why dont the roll bars go to the front/windscreen frame. Even with a bar from back to front down the center to protect you from turnover?

Or is that all fibreglass?

On mild steel rolled tube it is no better than oxy/acetylene which would be even cheaper and take exactly the same time.

A mig welder would have put less heat into the surrounding tube.

It's a case of I have a tig welder and had aluminium and stainless to weld as well :)

Can I ask on the second car why dont the roll bars go to the front/windscreen frame. Even with a bar from back to front down the center to protect you from turnover?

Or is that all fibreglass?

That's just the design of it.... most seven style cats don't. The windscreen I think ads to the strangle of the fibreglass but I am not sure if I am putting a screen in as you can't get them anymore unless specially ordered