Low point scraping barrel

Members online

megamix

Thought I’d give my builder a try . What a f**k**g waste of time. Got shortlisted for a job . Went to have a look it was a poxy cupboard re skim. Gave him price he said thanks but to be honest im not sure whether to bother having it plastered being just a cupboard, I’ll think about it and let you know. I wasted an hour of my life and cost me £12 for nothing . I’m just going to pretend it never happened.

Thought I’d give my builder a try . What a fkg waste of time. Got shortlisted for a job . Went to have a look it was a poxy cupboard re skim. Gave him price he said thanks but to be honest im not sure whether to bother having it plastered being just a cupboard, I’ll think about it and let you know. I wasted an hour of my life and cost me £12 for nothing . I’m just going to pretend it never happened.

Just apply for bigger jobs mate

Just apply for bigger jobs mate
It says it all when you read their t&cs . They actually say they don’t tell the customer we are charged to be shortlisted because it would put them off using the service . I personally would feel bad if I dragged some poor c**t halfway across town knowing I probably wouldn’t use them anyway and they got charged for the privilege

So what do you do . See a job then pay em to be shortlisted then go price job
Exactly mate . I didn’t think it through . You’ve got to add at least £10 on to cover the fee. It’s a website for s**t head customers who just want the lowest price possible and will get as many lads to look at the job as they can . I can’t belive I even signed up, I didn’t read the t&cs properly I though you only paid the fee if you got the job which you don’t mind .

It says it all when you read their t&cs . They actually say they don’t tell the customer we are charged to be shortlisted because it would put them off using the service . I personally would feel bad if I dragged some poor c**t halfway across town knowing I probably wouldn’t use them anyway and they got charged for the privilege
Go and smash one of them houses your mates are doing better than Fuk all .we was skimming apartments in Salford 12 year ago for £1.80 a mtr it was shite money but it was all we could get till things picked up

So what do you do . See a job then pay em to be shortlisted then go price job
No you don’t see the job you get a brief description on the website . Your charged as soon as my builder gives you the customer phone number

Go and smash one of them houses your mates are doing better than Fuk all .we was skimming apartments in Salford 12 year ago for £1.80 a mtr it was shite money but it was all we could get till things picked up

I am mate . Just waiting for my apprentice to get his CSCS card through . That’s a task in its self

Sound pal . You'll soon get into it with a lad. I've done hundreds of them on my own and still made decent money

We board dab and skim are plots so it's not just skimming. We make more ££boarding and dabbing tbh

Sound pal . You'll soon get into it with a lad. I've done hundreds of them on my own and still made decent money
I’ve always been on price and coverd
Myself . Think I’ve just been spoilt with all the domestic stuff .

Reactions: Djr
Agree better to be a pound up then a pound down at end of day. Saying that I.m skimming me cousins kids bedroom tomoz for 80 quid on a Sunday.

Agree better to be a pound up then a pound down at end of day. Saying that I.m skimming me cousins kids bedroom tomoz for 80 quid on a Sunday.
Because £80 is still something but it’s cheap for him . Tough one for relatives

0D773ED4-194B-44D8-BFAB-C0A4DE3DBA5E.png

Always ask what you are quoting for before you go look. Decide if it's worth it or just say half days labour plus materials and risks it. Probably had a few look at it and you were the one that gave away a FFS vibe.. I have to.. You can't help it sometimes:frenetico:

Always ask what you are quoting for before you go look. Decide if it's worth it or just say half days labour plus materials and risks it. Probably had a few look at it and you were the one that gave away a FFS vibe.. I have to.. You can't help it sometimes:frenetico:
Makes no odds . Like I say you see a brief description of what work is needed which the customer displays . Then you hit the show interest button . If the customer likes your profile your get given their contact details and are charged straight away even before you call them or look at the job . So for example if customer says it’s a simple job and just wants wall reskimming and you get there and the wall
Has blown and needs dabbing he’s having none of it because he just wants it skimming your still charged because you don’t get a chance to see the job

Makes no odds . Like I say you see a brief description of what work is needed which the customer displays . Then you hit the show interest button . If the customer likes your profile your get given their contact details and are charged straight away even before you call them or look at the job . So for example if customer says it’s a simple job and just wants wall reskimming and you get there and the wall
Has blown and needs dabbing he’s having none of it because he just wants it skimming your still charged because you don’t get a chance to see the job
Sign write your van and park outside screwfix for a Saturday morning , hand out some cards , flyers with photos

Sign write your van and park outside screwfix for a Saturday morning , hand out some cards , flyers with photos
Lol van been sign written for years . It’s just quiet round my way at the minute. Can’t believe how many plasterers are popping up a Facebook with posts like “ wow what a busy start to the year need a quote inbox me “ . If they are that busy why put a post on saying inbox me

Ah... My builder thing... I got it... I've never done anything like that but I'm scratching about for work at mo.. Been the worst start to a year since.. Well.. I can't remember... 2009 maybe... Was not great in 2012... I'm going to carry on scratching about as don't fancy this new way to get leads although some live off it..I think