Making tax digital

Members online

All of us next April will have to start this making tax digital thing... There is a years grace I understand for those that want to put it off but not sure if you have to give a reason. Also figures just need to be somewhere near then your accountant will adjust at the end of the year. Many of the online options for managing accounts will have this built in but I don't want to pay monthly.

All of us next April will have to start this making tax digital thing... There is a years grace I understand for those that want to put it off but not sure if you have to give a reason. Also figures just need to be somewhere near then your accountant will adjust at the end of the year. Many of the online options for managing accounts will have this built in but I don't want to pay monthly.
I will simply do less work , seems the easiest option

I used quick books for a trial month and have to give it 9/10
Will carry on with it now saves pissing about

Vat is in force now, costs me £17 a month to do it on paid for software.all I am is an unpaid tax collector for hmrc.I hand over 10’s of thousands every year and have to pay on top of that for the privilege, then on top of that if I’m even a day late with a return I get fined.it stinks.

Vat is in force now, costs me £17 a month to do it on paid for software.all I am is an unpaid tax collector for hmrc.I hand over 10’s of thousands every year and have to pay on top of that for the privilege, then on top of that if I’m even a day late with a return I get fined.it stinks.
Use the free one and save

Wife and accountant deal with it all.
My accountant advised against a fee one as there not as good apparently and easy to work. I went with his impartial advice and paid.

I have no problem with paying tax, next time your kids rushed into hospital just think about how it's all paid for!

I just wish it was a level playing field and all these part time cash in hand jobbers would f**k off out of the domestic market as they are what cause low prices!

Recently I had my yearly books done and chatting to my accountant I'm the only person that he knows that pays my tax monthly.. It's so stress free just setting up a payment plan online on the hmrc login.. Even if its only a small amount like £50 per month it helps take the strain off finding the money, but I have enough money built up in pot that I can cover the next 3 tax payments. It's the same as PAYE. Better than getting the credit card out or whatever people do to pay tax.

I have no problem with paying tax, next time your kids rushed into hospital just think about how it's all paid for!

I just wish it was a level playing field and all these part time cash in hand jobbers would f**k off out of the domestic market as they are what cause low prices!
Don't believe the hype. We are a very rich country more than enough to go round.
Any country that can afford 5 different bins for rubbish can afford all other services.
We are screwed and taxed and kept down to benefit the rich.
Banks, tax,insurance etc etc

we’re a wealthy country because we (most of us) pay out fair share of tax to make it go around.
Look at cash economies like Italy and Portugal there practically bankrupt. Jobbers that do cash jobs then moan at the nhs, send there kids to school, drive to work in a morning knowing if they have a crash the emercency services will be there in 10 minutes,are clowns.
I’d quite happily pay a bit more tax if it was a bit more transparent and knew where it was going.

Recently I had my yearly books done and chatting to my accountant I'm the only person that he knows that pays my tax monthly.. It's so stress free just setting up a payment plan online on the hmrc login.. Even if its only a small amount like £50 per month it helps take the strain off finding the money, but I have enough money built up in pot that I can cover the next 3 tax payments. It's the same as PAYE. Better than getting the credit card out or whatever people do to pay tax.
Yep a few years ago I’d put the money away for tax in an isa and draw it out at year end, but them we’re the days of getting 6-7% on an isa seems a lifetime ago.

Well said.

M
we’re a wealthy country because we (most of us) pay out fair share of tax to make it go around.
Look at cash economies like Italy and Portugal there practically bankrupt. Jobbers that do cash jobs then moan at the nhs, send there kids to school, drive to work in a morning knowing if they have a crash the emercency services will be there in 10 minutes,are clowns.
I’d quite happily pay a bit more tax if it was a bit more transparent and knew where it was going.
More tax? Your already taxed at 20% on almost everything you buy plus car tax plus income tax and you want more?

We should not moan about paying taxes.... think about how would Megan be able to pay for her new floating floor for her yoga or £3 million house renovations

M
More tax? Your already taxed at 20% on almost everything you buy plus car tax plus income tax and you want more?
Believe it or not, as uk residents we pay one of the lowest rate of personal tax, less than most other advanced countries.
This countries in a ticking time bomb, people are living longer and longer and will be taking more out of the pot, as quite rightly they’ve worked all there lives and paid into it. The stress on the nhs as well as all the other resources, the only way to address it is to increase tax for the working and business, but no government will do it, as the majority don’t want an increase and it’s not a vote winner.

Believe it or not, as uk residents we pay one of the lowest rate of personal tax, less than most other advanced countries.
This countries in a ticking time bomb, people are living longer and longer and will be taking more out of the pot, as quite rightly they’ve worked all there lives and paid into it. The stress on the nhs as well as all the other resources, the only way to address it is to increase tax for the working and business, but no government will do it, as the majority don’t want an increase and it’s nhot a vote winner.
To be honest all that needs to happen is loop holes closed for tax avoidance for the wealthy and companies that earn 10s-100s of million here and pay next to no tax. Unfortunately alot of wealthy people pay alot of money to keep the Tories in power so they can continue creaming it in. Any of us that do a cash job here or there are really a drop in the ocean in comparison