Mardy Customer

I've only had two potential customers say they were going to provide equipment. One was scaffolding as a relative was a scaffolder or had a scaffold company. I said that was fine, but I'd need copies of the safety certificates, the insurance for damage of the scaffold, their public liability for the scaffold and their insurance to cover anyone working on or near it.

The other was a telehandler and they knew a farmer who had one they could borrow. I asked for the same as for the scaffold, but also said they'd need to sign an indemnity for theft from site.

Both asked why and I said because that's what I have if I arrange them and I'm not doing it without them as whoever provides them has a legal responsibility to provide cover. Strangely, in both cases they got someone else to do the work.

I told him £30 a day.

I knew it would be more than 3 days and that would be profit.

My mistake was one word.

I said "it's"

I should have said "I need"
He responded to the text?

He responded to the text?
Not yet.

He will. I'll text him tomorrow at close of play if he doesn't and rescind my offer.

Only costs €25 to take someone to district court here and at the very least, that'd cost him a 400 mile drive to defend it.

He knows that.

I wouldn't know but it's unprofessional.

Just like mate,pal,buddy or where it's not the done thing.

On that we agree. I call the customer by his first name to his face and I refer to the current one as Mr McGonagal when I speak of them to other trades.

Call me old fashioned

Disagree there zombie..now I agree on alot of things u say but not this..I send texts.. watsapps etc and il say mate,pal,babe etc and it works..dont care if it looks un professional tbh..a txt is a txt it would still stand up in any civil court..just saying :coffe:

Steve u did the right thing.. sometimes it's just not worth that hassle for the peanuts..and every man has the right to add onto material/equipment cost..I usually add up material cost then add on 100% ish..give or take

Disagree there zombie..now I agree on alot of things u say but not this..I send texts.. watsapps etc and il say mate,pal,babe etc and it works..dont care if it looks un professional tbh..a txt is a txt it would still stand up in any civil court..just saying :coffe:
You've called a customer babe?

I had a text from a potential customer shortly after I'd left her house where I'd been for a quote.

"I can't wait to see you later! XXXXX"

Obviously not meant for me, so I replied

"Well this is all rather sudden you fast Minx!"

She didn't reply, and I didn't get the job. :aburrido::ROFLMAO:

The customer is not living in the real world.

Imagine taking a load of rubbish to the dump and then customer realising he could have taken it for free and refusing to pay for your time.

Anything that involves your time you charge for.

Having said that I’ve just lent my dehumidifier to a customer, took it round and I’ll pick it up when they’ve finished with it. Free of charge.

This is because she’s the nicest person and a pleasure to work for and brings me brews every hour on the hour. What can I say, I’m a brew s**t!

Yeah but the customer was told they were £30 a day to hire. They aren't it's £90 for the 6 days. Unfortunately if someone knows where you hired the machine you've got to be truthful on what it costs really or you can get caught out like this.
Customers obviously thought f**k**g hell £180 for a dehumidifier and checked the cost. I'm pretty sure this isn't a discount because stevieos a tradesman but just the cost for anyone. It's always cheaper for a full week and he should of charged what it cost, not double
i need a Kango next week will you pick me one up and drop it off mate?

What he's going to get now is the full force of Stevio stupidity when he can't understand why he hasn't been paid.

Morning Aramus. Did you pay me yesterday thanks Steve.

Afternoon Aramus did you get my text this morning. I was asking if you paid me yesterday.

Morning Aramus did you pay me yesterday?

Afternoon Aramus did you pay me this morning.

Evening Aramus. Did you pay me this afternoon

Morning Aramus did you pay this morning?

Afternoon Aramus....

Etc

What he's going to get now is the full force of Stevio stupidity when he can't understand why he hasn't been paid.

Morning Aramus. Did you pay me yesterday thanks Steve.

Afternoon Aramus did you get my text this morning. I was asking if you paid me yesterday.

Morning Aramus did you pay me yesterday?

Afternoon Aramus did you pay me this morning.

Evening Aramus. Did you pay me this afternoon

Morning Aramus did you pay this morning?

Afternoon Aramus....

Etc

oh he sounds desperate, i will offer him 50% as full payment.

stevieo were you based in Colchester when you was in the army ?
No. No. Nononononono.

No f**k**g way not that time no.

I spent a bit of time in Aldershot and a bit of time in Chivnor.

Apart from that, Germany.

In fact, I had such a good time in BAOR UKLF(G) That I quit rather than take a UK garrison posting

Last edited:
i need a Kango next week will you pick me one up and drop it off mate?
If you're paying me a grand to do some plastering at your house? And you live a few miles away? then sure

No. No. Nononononono.

In fact, I had such a good time in BAOR UKLF(G) That I quit rather than take a UK garrison posting
No. No. Nononononono.

Chivnor Braunton ?

you keep him!
Screenshot_20191209_182031.jpg