Mediflex hype or not

Members online

Super ripples big bro medi.

No ripples in my work. That’s it wet and dry with sun beaming off it. Customer is painting whole house now
So i’ll get pics of it painted when i go
Back there to do the extension

Attachments

• DE2CF65A-DBF8-4B9C-B6CA-9400DCE14777.jpeg
    DE2CF65A-DBF8-4B9C-B6CA-9400DCE14777.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 342
  • DAA9B68F-3E0F-4A81-95E9-659EA1519C18.jpeg
    DAA9B68F-3E0F-4A81-95E9-659EA1519C18.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 305
  • 70459716-F229-4132-BAD8-DF9D5ECBD1A3.jpeg
    70459716-F229-4132-BAD8-DF9D5ECBD1A3.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 324
  • C97A99E2-85EE-4011-9288-DA3EBF913234.jpeg
    C97A99E2-85EE-4011-9288-DA3EBF913234.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 326
  • A96126D2-72E4-4EA9-8748-DE8E2E661DC2.jpeg
    A96126D2-72E4-4EA9-8748-DE8E2E661DC2.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 290
I need to try a carbon trowel... not done it yet... always seem to get sent other trowels
From impression i get on here it will take ou ten years to break one in lol. I.ve got a mt xtralite ye can borrow for a bit it ye want . Still not quiet broke in though

From impression i get on here it will take ou ten years to break one in lol. I.ve got a mt xtralite ye can borrow for a bit it ye want . Still not quiet broke in though

Hahaha I do a lot more plastering than I let on to be honest :) I have quite a few decent jobs for friends coming up soon :)

I think I am going to bite the bullet and give Ryan a sloppy blowjob for one... what do you reckon @Plasterers1StopShop

I.ve got a mt xtralite ye can borrow for a bit it ye want . Still not quiet broke in though

Thanks :) but I really don't like borrowing anything I can't sleep at night for some reason when I borrow a tool or something... Thanks though :)

Hahaha I do a lot more plastering than I let on to be honest :) I have quite a few decent jobs for friends coming up soon :)

I think I am going to bite the bullet and give Ryan a sloppy blowjob for one... what do you reckon @Plasterers1StopShop
The nella is my fav . Mt needs bit more work . Though found nella liked to grab wall when i first got it. But its a dream now and not even that sharp

Ive an old 14inch mediflex in mates shed, tje toe of it is a bit bent after a fall, bent the right way though. Ill send it u if u want, im not going to use it, i have a new one.

Mediflex……..pfft…

Did a little ceiling today in my kitchen…..2nd part……here’s the story, sheets up covered everything. Previous night glued the artex a la @Olican sbr/Pva mix….two coats went on nice…….gave another coat this morning just to be sure to be sure…..ready to mix a cheeky little @zombie mix to be applied with my Nela mediflex 16” supplied proudly by @plasterersonestopshop, using my goldblatt hawk….however, when pressing the button on my cheap and cheerful mixer with the negative whisk on, nothing happened! …. I soon realised the electric supply I was plugged into was dead…….went to find out and flicked a master switch to “on”….only to find that that the cheeky minx of a mediflex had locked the mixer to “on” whilst I was away!!!! Tricky moment with a spastic whisk roaring round winding his own lead around himself while the mediflex chuckled. Finally untangled I set the whisk to “super creamy”…….(not got that setting on your mixer?.... never mind)….

I had a stern word with the tools and got on with the business in hand……..don’t know if it was the heat, but the hop up decided to join in…..flatly refusing to stay steady whilst I cavorted about, folding itself up as I struggled to move it while holding my hawk with a trowel balanced on the mix…..pffft…….anyhoo the mediflex began to co-operate and the magic started………until the water bucket seemed left out,……it kept moving itself behind the dodgy hop up hoping I’d step into it…..pffft… then she started again (mediflex) trying with all her might to get a blob of plaster into my eye………that was enough.

I washed her, roughly, and with venom…….holding her underwater for almost too long, gripping her handle just too tightly……..I put her in a tool bucket still wet ….with no blade protectors!.......but what trowel to use now? I couldn’t get her out again, not after that display of disobedience…..I had to be strong. So just to teach them all a lesson I dug out my “ugly” trowel……..thick blade, s**t handle but really good at render………

Boom!.......s**t trowel went into overdrive, only just worn in enough for skimming, she’s a real novice, but boy was she a trier. We both knew she wouldn’t be able handle the final passes, but nevertheless she was a joy to use. Reverently cleaned and put away after the 2nd coat ( she needed the rest)……

A quick pass with the speedskims and a tidy round the cove and you wouldn’t have known there was artex underneath……….then, I brought out the refina plaziflex for a pass and we were looking ggoooood……….a tidy up and drink and then it was time for the refina s*p*r*lex 18”……….wow, I impressed myself………two trowels and we finished.

So, to answer the op’s question……. Mediflex’s are good, but you’ve gotta be in control of them, one lapse and they’ll bite back.
Mine is alone in dark shed as punishment.

Moral of the story……….it’s not the trowel that’s important , it’s the nut holding the handle.

So basically it is no good straight out the box,
Only use it at a certain stage then.

Mediflex……..pfft…

Did a little ceiling today in my kitchen…..2nd part……here’s the story, sheets up covered everything. Previous night glued the artex a la @Olican sbr/Pva mix….two coats went on nice…….gave another coat this morning just to be sure to be sure…..ready to mix a cheeky little @zombie mix to be applied with my Nela mediflex 16” supplied proudly by @plasterersonestopshop, using my goldblatt hawk….however, when pressing the button on my cheap and cheerful mixer with the negative whisk on, nothing happened! …. I soon realised the electric supply I was plugged into was dead…….went to find out and flicked a master switch to “on”….only to find that that the cheeky minx of a mediflex had locked the mixer to “on” whilst I was away!!!! Tricky moment with a spastic whisk roaring round winding his own lead around himself while the mediflex chuckled. Finally untangled I set the whisk to “super creamy”…….(not got that setting on your mixer?.... never mind)….

I had a stern word with the tools and got on with the business in hand……..don’t know if it was the heat, but the hop up decided to join in…..flatly refusing to stay steady whilst I cavorted about, folding itself up as I struggled to move it while holding my hawk with a trowel balanced on the mix…..pffft…….anyhoo the mediflex began to co-operate and the magic started………until the water bucket seemed left out,……it kept moving itself behind the dodgy hop up hoping I’d step into it…..pffft… then she started again (mediflex) trying with all her might to get a blob of plaster into my eye………that was enough.

I washed her, roughly, and with venom…….holding her underwater for almost too long, gripping her handle just too tightly……..I put her in a tool bucket still wet ….with no blade protectors!.......but what trowel to use now? I couldn’t get her out again, not after that display of disobedience…..I had to be strong. So just to teach them all a lesson I dug out my “ugly” trowel……..thick blade, s**t handle but really good at render………

Boom!.......s**t trowel went into overdrive, only just worn in enough for skimming, she’s a real novice, but boy was she a trier. We both knew she wouldn’t be able handle the final passes, but nevertheless she was a joy to use. Reverently cleaned and put away after the 2nd coat ( she needed the rest)……

A quick pass with the speedskims and a tidy round the cove and you wouldn’t have known there was artex underneath……….then, I brought out the refina plaziflex for a pass and we were looking ggoooood……….a tidy up and drink and then it was time for the refina s*p*r*lex 18”……….wow, I impressed myself………two trowels and we finished.

So, to answer the op’s question……. Mediflex’s are good, but you’ve gotta be in control of them, one lapse and they’ll bite back.
Mine is alone in dark shed as punishment.

Moral of the story……….it’s not the trowel that’s important , it’s the nut holding the handle.

Brilliant :)

Hard to show in the picture but there isn’t really much difference with my mt which is very well worn in

Attachments

• 5B8AAC0B-CF5D-4A63-BBC6-2BCBC9FFC47A.jpeg
    5B8AAC0B-CF5D-4A63-BBC6-2BCBC9FFC47A.jpeg
    522 KB · Views: 270