Membrane

I have finally started the shed :)

I am wrapping the building in osb then using a membrane.

Do I need to have an air gap between the membrane and the exterior shiplap cladding

I'd put plenty of air vents in and create an open from the membrane internally so it's completely open or it will sweat with condensation

as andy says.. staple a layer or tyvek membrane horizontal. overlap joints.
tyen 600 centres nail 25mm x 38mm roof batten vertical. insect mesh the botton.
then clad away my friend

This is pretty much what I have planned before I started reading everything...

He has used just plastic and no air gap and filled the inside with celotex... will this just got over time?

The more you research the more you get lost

Our house wrapped in plastic no vents, and still sort of standing 60 years down the line, but you better off with breathable, of you want something simple just ditch the battens, staple the tyvek on the frame then clad it over

Haha yeah I know just wondered what he was thinkin
What he has done is pretty much what used to be done on the timber framed houses of a few years ago, and what led to many of the problems with them.
The timber he has used doesn't even look to be tanilised.

What he has done is pretty much what used to be done on the timber framed houses of a few years ago, and what led to many of the problems with them.

I see....

If I batton it then clad it won't there need to have vents in it...

1/ Screw the shed. Have you seen his bunker?

2/ I used to do timber frame from about '92-'05 - I didn't see anything that looked familiar apart from ply om 4x2 - what bit do you mean?

Tyvek housewrap. That’s the stuff. If it were my shed, (I’m doing mine in spring). I’m replacing one I built over 30 yrs ago!
I would build the timber frame, housewrap the outside, insulate between the studs, another layer of insulation laid the opposite way, batten, osb inside, batten and marine ply outside, then another membrane, then batten and then clad. Do the roof as well. Timber needs to breathe remember.

Tyvek housewrap. That’s the stuff. If it were my shed, (I’m doing mine in spring). I’m replacing one I built over 30 yrs ago!
I would build the timber frame, housewrap the outside, insulate between the studs, another layer of insulation laid the opposite way, batten, osb inside, batten and marine ply outside, then another membrane, then batten and then clad. Do the roof as well. Timber needs to breathe remember.

That tyvek stuff is mega money

I predict a post on the shedbuilders forum...............”Hi guys......need some advice.....set about building a shed myself as I’m a talented guy and got some tools..........put the wrong membrane (against all advice) and now I’ve cocked it all up I need expert help to rectify or to apportion blame to anyone but me”......
Ringing any bells?
Pfft........

I predict a post on the shedbuilders forum...............”Hi guys......need some advice.....set about building a shed myself as I’m a talented guy and got some tools..........put the wrong membrane (against all advice) and now I’ve cocked it all up I need expert help to rectify or to apportion blame to anyone but me”......
Ringing any bells?
Pfft........

Its like £60 for the roofing stuff or £260 for the Tyvek stuff :D I have not found any facts to support that there is any difference

Well today I was looking for some tyvek wall wrap and found some....
20180828_194250.jpg
20180828_194241.jpg

I haggle the seller down and paid a huge £20... should do me shed ok....

Can I use it on the roof as well?

Use breathable roofing felt for the membrane and then fix vertical battens to fix your timber to. Oh and put some insect mesh along the bottom edge to stop those pesky wasps getting in.

WHat is this insect mesh and where to I find it? need 15 meters :D