Micr Advice please

Roughman

Alright lads,
I'm going to do micro in my bathroom,
Should I apply with the bath/ sink in or out ?
Also I asked for a grey, medium sort of colour not to light not to dark.
They sent black! I spoke to him he assured me that it' fine.
Just want another opinion please.

Cheers

Hi mate. You should work your bathroom as if you are tiling it. Fit the bath and work the micro down to it then seal with silicone like you would tiles. This helps with any water run off on the wall going back into the bath. Leave the sink and toilet out and fit after applying micro to the walls. It gives a much neater job and less difficulty going around the sink which will probably be an awkward shape as well as not having to mask up the sink as well and struggling getting your trowel behind the tap.
If your supplier says it will make the grey you want you should trust this. There are many different strengths of black toner and volume amount makes a difference too. Once you have mixed it and applied it on the walls it should be exactly what you have ordered. I've used toners before where one full pot of a weaker toner will give the same colour as a teaspoon full of a stronger toner

Hope this helps mate
Rob

Slate and steal liquid is a black colour the sills are steal and the wall is slate [emoji1303]
8939a93370b7713c967b534902e817c1.jpg
f3ed647b3349b2256bb2c9243675463d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for your help
Hi mate. You should work your bathroom as if you are tiling it. Fit the bath and work the micro down to it then seal with silicone like you would tiles. This helps with any water run off on the wall going back into the bath. Leave the sink and toilet out and fit after applying micro to the walls. It gives a much neater job and less difficulty going around the sink which will probably be an awkward shape as well as not having to mask up the sink as well and struggling getting your trowel behind the tap.
If your supplier says it will make the grey you want you should trust this. There are many different strengths of black toner and volume amount makes a difference too. Once you have mixed it and applied it on the walls it should be exactly what you have ordered. I've used toners before where one full pot of a weaker toner will give the same colour as a teaspoon full of a stronger toner

Hope this helps mate
Rob
Thanks

Hope this helps mate
Rob

Hope this helps mate
Rob
Thanks for your help, your a legend!
If you don't mind can I pick your brains a bit more when I come to applying it.

Slate and steal liquid is a black colour the sills are steal and the wall is slate [emoji1303]
8939a93370b7713c967b534902e817c1.jpg
f3ed647b3349b2256bb2c9243675463d.jpg

Cheers mate, I think the wall is too dark for me, but you'e done lovely job by the way, just need to find out ratios of colour.
Thanks

Cheers mate, I think the wall is too dark for me, but you'e done lovely job by the way, just need to find out ratios of colour.
Thanks

It’s one colour you have the fine coat wetter than the base coat

I've got about 15 m2 of fiddly walls to do with small alcoves, would you work your way round the room, or complete one wall at a Time.
What do you suggest?
Thanks

Hope this helps mate
Rob
What about the shower and bath plate for the contrls

F*****g horrible!!!

That's 1 depressing wall for a living room!!!

Nothing more depressing than being called zombies [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

I've got about 15 m2 of fiddly walls to do with small alcoves, would you work your way round the room, or complete one wall at a Time.
What do you suggest?
Thanks

You can mither me anytime mate. I personally would base coat everything first. Depending how your applying the gear whether its individual coats or a wet on wet coat you can go with wet angles or work to a dry edge and break the surfaces up

Your shower control cover plate should be siliconed on. Remove this to micro behind it then silicon back on when it' all finished
Really grateful for your help mate,
Should I micro first then bath in?
Or micro down to bath ?

Do you just do this sort of work now?

I take it you was a spread before you got into this( Venetian, micro ..)

Id put bath in first then work down to it. This way the water can't get down behind the bath. Same with tiles. You wouldn't tile first then fit a bath. I've been doing it quite a while. Still plastering as well as I don't get lots of Venetian and micro work at the moment.

Id put bath in first then work down to it. This way the water can't get down behind the bath. Same with tiles. You wouldn't tile first then fit a bath. I've been doing it quite a while. Still plastering as well as I don't get lots of Venetian and micro work at the moment.
Thanks for that mate,
After I've sanded down the final coat of micro and is dust free, do I need to prime it before I apply the varnish coats ?
I'm using topciment btw.
Cheers

Thanks for that mate,
After I've sanded down the final coat of micro and is dust free, do I need to prime it before I apply the varnish coats ?
I'm using topciment btw.
Cheers

You should follow topciments guidelines for application. Different manufacturers have different products and procedures for sealing the micro. Ive not used topciment before. Most have a penatrative sealer first then a 2 part sealer to sit on top