Microcement over tiled shower floor

Trish1976

Hello everyone,

I'm thinking about using microcement over our existing tiled shower floor that is only 2 yrs old. The grout used was bad according to our tile contractor. They are willing to scrape out old grout and apply new grout. The tiles are laid in herringbone so scraping grout will be a hassle and I don't trust them since a lot of tiles are crooked and 1 tile sticks up too high and the corner of that tile is sharp. I'm done with grout and hate how time consuming it is to keep it clean. I just want a solid surface shower floor at this point. I can't add a prefab shower pan because the large format wall tiles are already installed. This prevents us from being able to tile over the lip of the shower pan. Microcement may be the easiest option at this point but open to other options!

Hello everyone,

I'm thinking about using microcement over our existing tiled shower floor that is only 2 yrs old. The grout used was bad according to our tile contractor. They are willing to scrape out old grout and apply new grout. The tiles are laid in herringbone so scraping grout will be a hassle and I don't trust them since a lot of tiles are crooked and 1 tile sticks up too high and the corner of that tile is sharp. I'm done with grout and hate how time consuming it is to keep it clean. I just want a solid surface shower floor at this point. I can't add a prefab shower pan because the large format wall tiles are already installed. This prevents us from being able to tile over the lip of the shower pan. Microcement may be the easiest option at this point but open to other options!
Hi Trish

Microcement is an option but there is prep work involved prior to application.Depending on how unlevel the surface is will make a huge impact on the cost.

I'm a Microcement installer and approved by Forcrete.Pleaee feel free to call me on 07719330726 to discuss.

Kind Regards

Rich