MOLDY RENDER.

Was reading this , since last year I now offer a mono cleaning service, hopefully will help me retire earlier than expected, maybe 70 lol
Thanks parex

I have read the article on a FB page. Its a particular algae on the south west coast what is more common in Ireland. The dry verge is not adequate but you usually find algae on the North and East side what lacks sun and on new builds with very good insulation.

The manufacturers are having to reduce the biocide in the material so that doesn’t help either. Applying a sealer wont stop it but it will be easier to clean off sealed render.

There is a market there for cleaning it off. But it will be back.

I have read the article on a FB page. Its a particular algae on the south west coast what is more common in Ireland. The dry verge is not adequate but you usually find algae on the North and East side what lacks sun and on new builds with very good insulation.

The manufacturers are having to reduce the biocide in the material so that doesn’t help either. Applying a sealer wont stop it but it will be easier to clean off sealed render.

There is a market there for cleaning it off. But it will be back.
Same for Tyrol next to busy roads

Still amazes me that any new house is built with render in mind, personally wouldn't have 1 given to me!

Same as the artex fad , people will soon wake up and want quality brickwork ,