Mono help search

Members online

Mono is an open matrix hence why you see so many jobs with staining from various sources, your best to future proof it i.e. By using decent screws for Down pipes etc or cleaning any mound off copings, if you seal it, it might not stop marks appearing over time but its just wiped off. I always seal any copings too at the same time. Water bubbles up like a lotus leaf and runs down the surface rather than being absorbed so avoids any ghosting too.my biggest bug bear is brick dust and the like once we've rendered and they hammer drill there fixings through it and leaves tinges of red dust on the render if it's sealed it just hoses off.
It's also crap looking lol

Mono is an open matrix hence why you see so many jobs with staining from various sources, your best to future proof it i.e. By using decent screws for Down pipes etc or cleaning any mound off copings, if you seal it, it might not stop marks appearing over time but its just wiped off. I always seal any copings too at the same time. Water bubbles up like a lotus leaf and runs down the surface rather than being absorbed so avoids any ghosting too.my biggest bug bear is brick dust and the like once we've rendered and they hammer drill there fixings through it and leaves tinges of red dust on the render if it's sealed it just hoses off.
Thanks owls ,this one is at my own pad bang on busy main road , gave it a soft jet wash today and dirt kinda gone, my house is top half rendered and painted with sandtex tbf every 2/3 years my mate gives it a lick of paint to freshen it up, road dirt makes it look dingy so quick, I definitely gonna get sealer on jobs ,this mono was done earlier this year didn't take long.

Blanc is the only one i like
Thanks owls ,this one is at my own pad bang on busy main road , gave it a soft jet wash today and dirt kinda gone, my house is top half rendered and painted with sandtex tbf every 2/3 years my mate gives it a lick of paint to freshen it up, road dirt makes it look dingy so quick, I definitely gonna get sealer on jobs ,this mono was done earlier this year didn't take long.
Try a bit of sugar soap on any dirt.

Yep parex blanc bl10.

We've done a few domestics in V10 Stone GF lately and the look lovely.
Mono seems to be the norm on all sites round my ways last few years but no sealer.
Went to Lyde Green today, a new 400 house community or what ever they want a tart it up to be. All in J20 and G00 but they are pretty shocking tbh. The scratch marks are terrible, big deviations along movement beads which are mostly gables and miss's everywhere, I guess they just want things done and don't pay the best but it could look so much better.
Mono seems to be going like skimming, flooded with quick coursers and driving rates and quality down on site or it just what I've seen?

Mono seems to be the norm on all sites round my ways last few years but no sealer.
Went to Lyde Green today, a new 400 house community or what ever they want a tart it up to be. All in J20 and G00 but they are pretty shocking tbh. The scratch marks are terrible, big deviations along movement beads which are mostly gables and miss's everywhere, I guess they just want things done and don't pay the best but it could look so much better.
Mono seems to be going like skimming, flooded with quick coursers and driving rates and quality down on site or it just what I've seen?
Yep like I Said subbys pay between £10-£13 m2 round our way that's y not arsed getting into it

We see loads of shoddy jobs about, and get quite a few enquiries to rectify bad renders, but there's cowboys in any trade I guess.

Is that Keith at tb offering that.. ? Then adding on 10 a metre for himself. :LOL:.
Lol Keith pays £13 owls I know another firm in Leeds pays £11!! I know wat Keith charges owls as he priced a Job for a builder I work for and builder told me..

Lol Keith pays £13 owls I know another firm in Leeds pays £11!! I know wat Keith charges owls as he priced a Job for a builder I work for and builder told me..
Its more than £10 on top with this last job he priced..he must of upped his rates now going by this last job he priced..

Here's a mono job we done few months ago.
Just got some pics.
Done the whole house with monogris E base coat with full mesh.
Then monorex V10 stone in GF
Finished it with some Paraguard.
One pic has the sun shining down at the worst angle and it still looks nice and flat so well happy with it and so is the client.
ImageUploadedByThe Plasterers Forum1474721731.528214.jpg
ImageUploadedByThe Plasterers Forum1474721747.012504.jpg
ImageUploadedByThe Plasterers Forum1474721756.361948.jpg
ImageUploadedByThe Plasterers Forum1474721767.262979.jpg
ImageUploadedByThe Plasterers Forum1474721775.766343.jpg

Was the dash a nightmare to get off? I'm pricing one like that at the moment got a spec of monogris straight over the dash. Might also look into using a dash receiver like what Ian @PFTwales uses. So many options.lol

Was the dash a nightmare to get off? I'm pricing one like that at the moment got a spec of monogris straight over the dash. Might also look into using a dash receiver like what Ian @PFTwales uses. So many options.lol

No mate the dash flew off. It was the old nu-blow top coat you know the powdery one?
Scratch coat was sand and cement.
It was 3 days for a labourer and then 2 blokes 1 day to get it all off.

Had one last week prob half the size and it took 2 blokes 5 days! Was old float coat solid but cracks everywhere and looked like it was to dense in cement to go over, wouldn't of been able to breathe.

I only go over dash if it's solid and sand and cement, the nu-blow stuff (think that's what it's called round our way) is to soft to go over in my opinion you can scratch it off with your finger nail.

Fair play.decent work that
To get work on full spec must cost top dollar especially finished off with paraguard $
I don't get half the jobs I price as I'm too dear when following full spec's!!
I'm moving more towards thin coat works now
I prefer the working hours with the system.not worrying about setting times
I still get enough to get by though
Nice work mate[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fair play.decent work that
To get work on full spec must cost top dollar especially finished off with paraguard $
I don't get half the jobs I price as I'm too dear when following full spec's!!
I'm moving more towards thin coat works now
I prefer the working hours with the system.not worrying about setting times
I still get enough to get by though
Nice work mate[emoji106]

It is more expensive but I kind of sell myself and the package now.
Turnt into a bit of a sales man.
It seems to work and get most of it.
I just tell them if it's not to spec then no guarantees.

I can't be assed with agro for doing a cheap job and something goes wrong then expected to fix it. It's not like re skimming is it.

Doesn't thin coat work out more? I want to start doing that a bit now.
Does look nice.

The ritmo makes it so much fun that I just hate internals now!