Mono up to sprayed windows

Members online

CeeVee

Ok so I'm starting a mono job and I've just been informed the guy is having his upvc windows spray painted first.

I'm very concerned about taping them up...I'm certain I'll pull the paint off and even scratch it when scraping the reveals.

The window people insist they cant spray them after I've done.

Any ideas?
Apart from walking? ;)

Ok so I'm starting a mono job and I've just been informed the guy is having his upvc windows spray painted first.

I'm very concerned about taping them up...I'm certain I'll pull the paint off and even scratch it when scraping the reveals.

The window people insist they cant spray them after I've done.

Any ideas?
Apart from walking? ;)
All I’d do is use some quality tape. On and off as soon as possible. Does sound like one that could bite you on the arse though :loco:

Yes as said abu bead. Fil Gill in Leeds sells it. But you still have to protect the sill somehow.

I did a job with powder coated windows. Th window manufacturer supplied 1 window short and they was imported. He craftily managed to get a uk company to make one but had to have it sprayed. He didn’t tell the customer.

We used blue dolphin tape and no problem until we came to this window. The paint came off. He owed up and had some company come out and spray it again but they got overspray on our silicone. Hence why they want to do it first. But then the responsibility is yours. I would make it clear by email the risks and no responsibilities taken.

I had a problem with blue dolphin using a polymer modded base coat. Made the tape go brittle and shred off in tiny bits. Took a whole day for two of us getting tape off 10 windows. Horrible day!

I had a problem with blue dolphin using a polymer modded base coat. Made the tape go brittle and shred off in tiny bits. Took a whole day for two of us getting tape off 10 windows. Horrible day!

I had that two weeks ago on a powder coated roof trim.