Monocouche bead adhesive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

goody

Private Member
Any preferences on what to use apart from the actual render to speed up this part of the job? there's a big site not far from me where they're using dot & dab adhesive....... in tiny little blobs with a gauger which has set solid by dinnertime, but was told it reacts with the lime in the render and eventually corrodes and leaves a hollow. Any tips or thoughts?

we used to use board addy all the time because thats what everyone did and never had a problem, have to drive past a bunch of houses we did years ago and there still good but I use the mono now because monkey said NO. what you can do is solid dab with the mono and then pin with a couple of nails to hold them while you spray.

anybody bother with ibocar or similar to speed up the set and does it do what it says on the tin? Anybody bother with the little black plastic plugs? Come in well handy for concrete lintels just drilled straight on

I've always been led to believe that any bead should only to stuck with the same material that is going to be used for render. I have seen some problems where people have used gypsum based products outside, I think it probably depends how waterproof the render going over the dabs is.

hp12 or dab adhesive cant see the prob with dab adhesive if it aint a solid dab ............apart from its completely unsuitable for the job...............errrrrr

only ever used base coats thus far and like to dab the beads on top of the base coat with the base coat, but wouldn't entertain board adhesive cause its an internal product

ibocar is crap mate it has to be measured out exactly right otherwise it doesnt do anything but for the differance it does make it just aint worth it the ibovit powder is good for small repairs

Somtimes just use rapid cement and sand but 9out of 10 I just nail 15mm beads straight on if blockwork is neat enuf as it always should be

I found it a right pain trying to set those beads with mono most of the time I had a tsunami of gear coming down the wall heading straight for me ... ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

yeah it was a bit on the wet side mate. if the walls are bang on then it wouldnt be an issue. this place was built by a general builder so the blockwork is like a banana. if you put a 6 foot straight edge off most of the window angle beads there is 15-18 mm for the first 2-3 feet then the wall bellys out and you have about 5 mm

i got some exterior bead adhesive of les. was really good to stick the beads with. bit like bonding, really gluey and as soon as the bead touched it it stayed where u put it. but it took most of the day to go off.

nick0412 said:
i got some exterior bead adhesive of les. was really good to stick the beads with. bit like bonding, really gluey and as soon as the bead touched it it stayed where u put it. but it took most of the day to go off.

that sounds like the s h i t mate...... problem is all these tips seem to cost extra money

how do you set your 3 m 10mm bellcast beads at dpc level then monkey ???.

i tried using just mono but you set them and watch them slide down the wall, in the end i set my lazer up and banged in 6 inch nails for the bell to sit on .... what a pain in the a ss hole

sm 700 is the s**t for that you put ur dabs on put ur bead on and u can move it up and down as much a u like till is spot on

always use left over gear from spray to bead up with. lads from pinnacle nail roofing lath on dpc with polythene wrapped round it ,good idea time consuming tho.

richardbrown said:
how do you set your 3 m 10mm bellcast beads at dpc level then monkey ???.

i tried using just mono but you set them and watch them slide down the wall, in the end i set my lazer up and banged in 6 inch nails for the bell to sit on .... what a pain in the a ss hole
fix a battern at coure below sit beads on top we also nail dpc to battern to protect blues when spraying

Status
Not open for further replies.