Monogris E

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

essexandy

The Lake Governor
Has anyone rubbed this gear up? Parex say it can be but then manufacturers say lots of things don't they.

Its a backing coat and you could rub it up but i wouldnt chance it without stopping the suction abit first

It's parex rend aid that's all it should be used for its not quite as good as rend aid but as long as you put mesh in it it will do the job

Yeah I know what it is and it's main use but Parex also say you can use it as a two coat application with a floated finish. On the job we're starting next week would be easier if we could just use the one material for both coats but I'd also like something with higher adhesive qualities for the backing coat.

andy if used as a two coat application what sort of thickness would you put on as top coat be interseting to see how you get on i have only ever used it as base coat

andy if used as a two coat application what sort of thickness would you put on as top coat be interseting to see how you get on i have only ever used it as base coat

They say the top coat should be 5-7mm mate with a total thickness of not less than 12mm.

anyone used this over dense brick ? are you people scratching it or stippling it prior to monorex

we never get specied this its always micro or other than that parmurex with lanko latex added

anyone used this over dense brick ? are you people scratching it or stippling it prior to monorex

we never get specied this its always micro or other than that parmurex with lanko latex added

We used it over semi engineering bricks on that job John but gave them the micro treatment first. I checked with Parex and they were happy with a combed scratch, which is what we did.

Yeah that's the standard spec like,

It's a pity lankos a mortgage to buy a drum of.

Been rubbing monorex gf ready for DPR. Rubs nice almost seems a shame to go over the top of it.

We've done a couple of rubbed up finish jobs using Monorex GF and Parmurex Nick. I must say I prefer the Monorex over the Parmurex. It floats and sponges really nicely.

What prep did you do to the scratched monogris E @essexandy prior to applying the GF?
As in a light spray with water or just layed it on, did you leave for 5 days between applications?

Last edited by a moderator:
What prep did you do to the scratched monogris E @essexandy prior to applying the GF?
As in a light spray with water or just layed it on, did you leave for 5 days between applications?
@jamesthefirst we combed the Monogris E the same as any base coat. From memory it did get about five days between coats but I'm sure Parex's rep said it wasn't necessary, I'm sure he said it could even be done 'wet on wet' but I didn't like the sound of that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.