Most fun I’ve had in ages

Members online

Jjj

Bloke who owns the house runs a sign writing business. Turns out he sold the house to des walker

Attachments

• 265D4332-7769-4FFA-8087-1B31E64E8646.png
    265D4332-7769-4FFA-8087-1B31E64E8646.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 405
  • 2F760C82-A758-4FBC-93E9-41A601809DC5.png
    2F760C82-A758-4FBC-93E9-41A601809DC5.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 413
  • 743AC54C-1B14-49B4-8FB4-0E169B8EDED2.png
    743AC54C-1B14-49B4-8FB4-0E169B8EDED2.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 409
  • 3A7CDBEE-68A8-4880-BA73-BE36A3B32351.png
    3A7CDBEE-68A8-4880-BA73-BE36A3B32351.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 408
  • BEF7676E-52C4-4A8D-AAA7-0E4CA119900D.png
    BEF7676E-52C4-4A8D-AAA7-0E4CA119900D.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 399
Dont want to piss on your bonfire but youve dropped a massive bollock in not scriming over the stop beads and even the normal bead for that matter!

Will be cracked to fook in 6 months!!!

Dont want to piss on your bonfire but youve dropped a massive bollock in not scriming over the stop beads and even the normal bead for that matter!

Will be cracked to fook in 6 months!!!

I think on something with high traffic like stairs it will crack either which way...

I think on something with high traffic like stairs it will crack either which way...

100% that's a stupid build imo destined to fail!

HOWEVER...as the plasterer its your job to do anything you can to avoid and imo that's piss poor preparation!

If you get a phone call and you've scrimmed up then you've covered your back without your wide open to customer imo!

Bloke who owns the house runs a sign writing business. Turns out he sold the house to des walker
All that will crack to fook especially if the owners a fat cannt and heavy footed those treads ain’t got a hope in hell

Left a gap between the treads and the plasterboard. None of them are stop beads, all angle beads, fitted by the ‘helpful’ customer, that plastic was their plan to maintain a gap between the between the wood and finished edge of plaster.

From where I’m sitting at home I can’t see any cracks

Probably should have a scrimmed it all though

Left a gap between the treads and the plasterboard. None of them are stop beads, all angle beads, fitted by the ‘helpful’ customer, that plastic was their plan to maintain a gap between the between the wood and finished edge of plaster.

From where I’m sitting at home I can’t see any cracks

Probably should have a scrimmed it all though

Fair play mate!

Yeah mate the customer built the lot, I did wonder about cracking etc he reckons the way he’s done it will be fine...

One more thing I’m always open to hear criticism only way to learn.

Wish I’d got a photo of it painted, he put a glass banister in looked the part, until the cracks appear

100% that's a stupid build imo destined to fail!

HOWEVER...as the plasterer its your job to do anything you can to avoid and imo that's piss poor preparation!

If you get a phone call and you've scrimmed up then you've covered your back without your wide open to customer imo!
I don't agree with that mate. Scrim is for putting over joints in the board not for running down the edge of beads. If someone is daft enough to design something that sure to crack that's not my problem. I've never once put scrim down a bead.

I don't agree with that mate. Scrim is for putting over joints in the board not for running down the edge of beads. If someone is daft enough to design something that sure to crack that's not my problem. I've never once put scrim down a bead.
Not even stop beads?
I don’t usually scrim angle beads

I agree that your not accountable for build but I 100% think that should have been scrimmed!

To be honest we actualy scrim all beads regardless!

Just like we mesh all render regardless!

I agree that your not accountable for build but I 100% think that should have been scrimmed!

To be honest we actualy scrim all beads regardless!

Just like we mesh all render regardless!
You my friend are just one big fluffy, cuddly, cute little tradesman with the customers well-being at heart. Whereas I'm an arsehole.

Let's see the skimming on the front of the steps please, so we can all judge you and say we'd of done it better