Most used trowel..

voodoocars

I have a load of different trowels- short, long, s steel, carbon steel etc. But I seem to only ever use the oldest cheapest trowel I have to lay on and a Nela to finish with.
All the others I tend to have a quick go with then think 'nah' and just use the old battered one (I think it was a b+q special 15 yrs ago).
Are you chaps the same? Just interested.

My favourite trowel is the tyzack . Find the nela carbon to have a good quality steel, but the uncomfortable handle is a killer for me. Marshaltown is great trowel, but don’t like the way they bend in no time. Got fed up with the skim f**k**g up my carbons and I think will keep them for render only. What BG is doing to them is criminal. I have one bucket trowel that resists the skim without a problem and turns like a new at the end of the day. I am impressed with the quality and durability and went to the shop today and ended up with laying trowel, superflex3 and 600mm spat . Just gave them good sharpening on the stones and they are ready to rock . The steel indeed is like no other brand on the market and I think they’ll be the perfect match for BG s**t .
42AF4AE7-F3C2-48F9-9A53-99B6522FB2DA.jpeg

And when I say sharp , I really mean sharp:numberone:

584EC984-DDE2-43BF-925A-D1BF99194E34.jpeg

Curry carbon and nela carbon atm
Very hard to choose between these two but the curry atm is number one
My curry trowel is my favourite too, got two carbon steel Marshaltowns still in their boxes but going to get another couple of curry trowels they are the b*ll***s much better steel

My favourite trowel is the tyzack . Find the nela carbon to have a good quality steel, but the uncomfortable handle is a killer for me. Marshaltown is great trowel, but don’t like the way they bend in no time. Got fed up with the skim f**k**g up my carbons and I think will keep them for render only. What BG is doing to them is criminal. I have one bucket trowel that resists the skim without a problem and turns like a new at the end of the day. I am impressed with the quality and durability and went to the shop today and ended up with laying trowel, superflex3 and 600mm spat . Just gave them good sharpening on the stones and they are ready to rock . The steel indeed is like no other brand on the market and I think they’ll be the perfect match for BG s**t .
View attachment 29202
And when I say sharp , I really mean sharp:numberone:

View attachment 29203

You tomato !

Just started to use my ox ultraflex for pressing in and trowelling up but lay on first coat with carbon MT. Ox realy makes the multi nice to use Don't ask me why it just does.

MT xtralite for skimming. MT permashape for floating after rivet went on Nela premium. Thought I'd try the permashape again. Only had it a. Few. Weeks but it's alright so far.

Can't say I've had. Only really had 2 trowels one for floating and one for skimming, but now have a medi and s*p*r*lex too. And an 11inch trowel for smaller spaces

Mt start to finish now. Just the 1 trowel for the set I Hawk 1 angle trowel. It's just skimming dont need all the drifrent trowels waste of time taking them in from the van.

Carbon nella.. Been using plastic fantastic last week for last en but not bothered last few days. Got carbon xtra lite mt . And like feel better then nella but not playing nice yet

Attachments

• 15437594579343593546410447263571.jpg
    15437594579343593546410447263571.jpg
    906.3 KB · Views: 395