MT blued carbon finishing trowel xt

• Thread starter Deleted member 31062
  • Start date

Members online

Still got that naff rubber handle, MT need to go back to wooden handles or use cork like Nela trowels. Pain in the arse if it gets wet, can’t grip it properly. But that’s just me

YUp agree with that.

I have been wearing gloves the last few days for this very reason... the nela cork handles are the muts nuts in my opinion

Anyone got a decent review on these trowels?
Mt blue steel Trowel ,basically the same as a carbon steel trowel there not supposed to rust as much as the carbon steel but they do ,that said I use them the hole time I have them in mt and Kraft both very nice trowels and once they get sharp u could shave with them one tip every evening I give them a spray of wd40 and rap them up in an old towel .they will last u for years

YUp agree with that.

I have been wearing gloves the last few days for this very reason... the nela cork handles are the muts nuts in my opinion
Only problem with gloves is you’ve got to take them off in between trowels, so you can go on your phone and stare at Jen Selters backside on instagram:cry: But I suppose if you prep for next set or do more work, they’re good :D

Sick buying trowels myself, really just want one trowel that does it all. An think carbon wins, mt ss preworn are horrendously out of shape, hard to find a good one. Carbons are flat an straight which I like better. Use the plastics a lot to flatten work but only on board work. But looking to go old school. Handles don’t fuss me. I use breathable thin fitted gloves anyway, save the hands drying up

Only problem with gloves is you’ve got to take them off in between trowels, so you can go on your phone and stare at Jen Selters backside on instagram:cry: But I suppose if you prep for next set or do more work, they’re good :D

My gloves work with my which is well handy

Sick buying trowels myself, really just want one trowel that does it all. An think carbon wins, mt ss preworn are horrendously out of shape, hard to find a good one. Carbons are flat an straight which I like better. Use the plastics a lot to flatten work but only on board work. But looking to go old school. Handles don’t fuss me. I use breathable thin fitted gloves anyway, save the hands drying up
I never relised how much i prefered a flatter straighter trowel till i got a carbon.

I never relised how much i prefered a flatter straighter trowel till i got a carbon.
I’m the same.. Really enjoying using my carbon 14 mt just now. Had the attitude for years not caring about it an just got another gold mt, an the non rust was a no brainer,.. never thought I’d be going down the carbon route, an all the old school say a carbons the dogs if kept well. Flatness is more important to me then a glass finish.

Totally agree most mt now are like boomerangs I've started using Nela stainless or Tyzack stainless both fairly good trowels

I started with a MT banana shaped trowel.... good knows how I got a flat wall with that.... not used it in years