Multi and board is poop british gypsum sort it out ffs

Over polishing to get a Finnish

Attachments

• 15537013234371671009690.jpg
    15537013234371671009690.jpg
    230.1 KB · Views: 236
I’ve been content with board finish of late and picked up a few bags of multi on Friday as board had sold out tbf it’s always hung in there to long for me in comparison to other skim coats
Swap merchants is best advice can give if seems a bit not so good

I’ve been content with board finish of late and picked up a few bags of multi on Friday as board had sold out tbf it’s always hung in there to long for me in comparison to other skim coats
Swap merchants is best advice can give if seems a bit not so good
Stop rushing to get to pub my advice lol

Its been nice and sunny the last three days but inside a job I’m on fairly chilly inside.
Board finish i used last week was great to use and finish so i thought it would be the same on this job too.
But it troweled and finished slightly differently so i put a heater in the room and bang! That was the simple solution.

Been back on multi after using board for six months or so and found the multi to be better. SS trowel all the way through the process so quite happy.

Its been nice and sunny the last three days but inside a job I’m on fairly chilly inside.
Board finish i used last week was great to use and finish so i thought it would be the same on this job too.
But it troweled and finished slightly differently so i put a heater in the room and bang! That was the simple solution.

I always heat the room if walls cold.
Been back on multi after using board for six months or so and found the multi to be better. SS trowel all the way through the process so quite happy.

Same mate even drys ok on grotty artex stainless all way through. That’s exactly how it should be

I always heat the room if walls cold.

Same mate even drys ok on grotty artex stainless all way through. That’s exactly how it should be

View attachment 33464

That looks patchy to me mate but thats the multi i would say, to me ive always crossed troweled to a consistent blemish free finish and you wouldnt/ shouldnt know if i had gone over boards or an overskim. The gear is at fault nowadays but the board finish dries out better imo.

That looks patchy to me mate but thats the multi i would say, to me ive always crossed troweled to a consistent blemish free finish and you wouldnt/ shouldnt know if i had gone over boards or an overskim. The gear is at fault nowadays but the board finish dries out better imo.

Possibly but wasn’t fully dry. Looked nice in person. I’d had problems with gear on that job tho, that was different gear so possibly a placebo effect

Nice mate best way isn’t it?
I wasn't taught to do it, but started doing it when I went domestic/feral. Then I went back to a fresh mix for second coating, but with starting back with multi I thought I'd give it a go. Worked fine so I'll see how it goes.

Years ago board finish went off much quicker than it does now especially if sat in bucket so you never really had chance in my opinion to use one mix for two passes especially on overskims.
You'd never use anything but two fresh mixes with old carlite finish. When multi came out it held up that bit longer. So putting a bit of water in it to thin it down for a finishing coat became feasible. Back in the day with board we'd use the first mix to set the scrim and first coat if it was bandage scrim. If it was hessian the first coat was thicker and we'd brush key it and then skim. Different times different methods.

After 15 years of spreading British gypsum plaster I've always noticed sometimes I get a bad batch mostly either when it was very cold or very hot but it was no big deal but still annoying I can tell soon as I make a mix or the way it lifts of the hawk sometimes its very gritty and a dark shade of brown but lately it has been even worse to work with we deserve a better product I would like to try there new pro stuf

Had some terrible gear lately. Was sent for testing and came back as faulty. Been fine since that tho (multi)
Lol knew u would be the first to post on this,u love a bad batch of multi don’t u big b*ll***s

Ch
I like it you just gotta stop bitching and get rid of those flexible G** trowels and man the f**k up! Nice bit of hard graft I spit on your ezi spat speedskim Gaylord's
[/ as long as it goes of normal you can get a good finish of a 18 refina s*p*r*lex as long as you are neat and tidy and hit it quick and early they are great the refina ain't that flexible compared to some others it takes lots of effort out of the job my back knees elbow is fooked from the Marshall town 14/5 its graft on s**t domestic crap walls ceilings etc nothing bloody straight

If I’ve nearly got to end of mix but decide I want it a tad wetter then throw a little water in, it can just sit there on the top and take an age to mix in.