Multi finish bad batch/British gypsum

• Thread starter Deleted member 21440
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 21440

Had a bag picked up in December by British gypsum after having a nightmare couple of weeks at work. Just heard back that it failed the tests they did on it, and it wasn't fit for purpose. If you're plasterings going streaky and greasy then may just be a bag from a bad batch. You may also just be s**t but you can make your own minds up

A junkie gets a bad bag and its public warnings all round a plasterer gets a bad bag and bg are like.
bwOgAd1544826108.jpg

Still waiting to hear about mine but deffo had bad bags around that time
Probably not related but ceiling I done over Christmas set so fecking quick I only got 5m2 on and it started going. Had to lash it on quick as, knock another one up that held back a bit longer not much then for first time ever I had to stick third coat on just to get a finish out of it. FECKING nightmare and to top it off because I was rushing I got a dollop straight in my eye. FECKING hell I hated that ceiling.

Probably not related but ceiling I done over Christmas set so fecking quick I only got 5m2 on and it started going. Had to lash it on quick as, knock another one up that held back a bit longer not much then for first time ever I had to stick third coat on just to get a finish out of it. FECKING nightmare and to top it off because I was rushing I got a dollop straight in my eye. FECKING hell I hated that ceiling.
I put three coats on some plasterboard that had beed up few months other day. And that was just for first coat w/o not had 4. Been up a while.
The stuff I had before Xmas was strange gear . Setting in places wet in others. Heating sorted it out a bit.
I told the builder , who's a bit of a I know everything.
He took some to his dad who said it was shite as well . Funny how its s**t when his dad said lol.
Any way he said his dad said they had been a problem but gypsum are on top of it now