Multi going off rapid

Members online

Griff097

I have done a fair bit of plastering over the years and always find mulitifinish a bit hit and miss.

Had some a few years ago that was rely gritty and now bought 10 bags from b&q and they are going off hard in no time.

First set was hard in an hour, walls and ceiling blue gritted last week, put a wall on, was doing a reveal, went to second coat the wall and the mix was going stiff, struggled to get it 2nd coated and had to trowel it up straight away.
Set hard in an hour, clean water, spotless buckets?

I was thinking it was the wall, but the mix in the bucket was the same.

2ns set, mixed it a bit wetter, had a little more working time but not much.

This is in an empty house, not very warm on old walls over what looks like distemper, blue/green look to it.

Not looking forward to going over the artex ceiling the way this is going!

I have done a fair bit of plastering over the years and always find mulitifinish a bit hit and miss.

Had some a few years ago that was rely gritty and now bought 10 bags from b&q and they are going off hard in no time.

First set was hard in an hour, walls and ceiling blue gritted last week, put a wall on, was doing a reveal, went to second coat the wall and the mix was going stiff, struggled to get it 2nd coated and had to trowel it up straight away.
Set hard in an hour, clean water, spotless buckets?

I was thinking it was the wall, but the mix in the bucket was the same.

2ns set, mixed it a bit wetter, had a little more working time but not much.

This is in an empty house, not very warm on old walls over what looks like distemper, blue/green look to it.

Not looking forward to going over the artex ceiling the way this is going!

Should have sugar soap walls first if distemper!