Multifinish when dry!!!!

Members online

zombie

Private Member
I know we've been over this before but would be nice to hear if possible from BRITISH GYPSUM.

Not so long ago if when troweling up your work you DIDNT use any additional water you couldn't fail to ensure the finish dried all 1 consistent colour.

I've just skimmed a living/dining room and not introduced any water apart from the tiniest of clean water on a 1"brush cleaning down angles and even then left it a while before trowling.

Just looks awful, not in the sense of bad work streaks, blemishes etc in fact the gear was lovley to use.

Ironically it really hit home today as called into a job from around 8 years ago it's been a build that has had to stop due to BC etc and customer was joking that he'd still not painted a particular room.

I had a look at the room looked lovley all 1 colour, proper soul destroying looking at dried out work now.

It's even getting to the stage that I've started to say it will look awful before being painted to some customers as I feel it looks that weird.

Probably if I'd only just started plastering I wouldn't think anything of it but it used to be a sign of a good spread how his work dried out.

Now good spreads work doesn't look much better than bad spreads until painted!

Piss & wind!!!!!

Could be any wall we've plastered over last probably 5yrs...

Cloudy is the best way I can describe as though you've thrown water all over it but not actually used any!

If your using flex trowels mate ....I use water after I've flattened down.
When it's still a bit wet.
Spreads finish out eveningly.
Then 2 dry cross trowels.
Hitting it too late with flex causes cloudy walls mate (y)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190425-184932.png
    Screenshot_20190425-184932.png
    927.7 KB · Views: 734
  • Screenshot_20190425-184939.png
    Screenshot_20190425-184939.png
    768.4 KB · Views: 604
  • Screenshot_20190425-184945.png
    Screenshot_20190425-184945.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 620

I know your works quality pal, but i just can't tell from those pictures if it's all 1 true colour like back in the old days.

Regarding flexis yes on and off have been using them, but we always give walls a late dry trowel for any odd pimple etc and always will.

Are you saying that a late dry trowel with these flexis cause the cloudy look? There's nothing to touch or feel it just looks like it's had to much watter when had none!

Room 1 s**t Room 2 s**t Room 3 s**t. s**t s**t lovely s**t

I know your works quality pal, but i just can't tell from those pictures if it's all 1 true colour like back in the old days.

Regarding flexis yes on and off have been using them, but we always give walls a late dry trowel for any odd pimple etc and always will.

Are you saying that a late dry trowel with these flexis cause the cloudy look? There's nothing to touch or feel it just looks like it's had to much watter when had none!

I was getting the same when I first used them .. and adjusted timings to finish it earlier.
Dries out consistent then zombie (y)

That skims all dried out mate (y)

Can not understand it
How is plasterers Facebook posts full of walls like glass
Usually down to fooking around as too much on at once
& same gear 2nd coat
Do one wall only & see the difference

My brother can tell my normal skimming to my "live in play gambling skimming" lol
If I'm on William hill between gauges
I trowel it up 2 late and looks cloudy lol
I must be a 24/7 gambler as I go in and completely f**k up the house and forget the room that should of been skimmed :lol:

I know we've been over this before but would be nice to hear if possible from BRITISH GYPSUM.

Not so long ago if when troweling up your work you DIDNT use any additional water you couldn't fail to ensure the finish dried all 1 consistent colour.

I've just skimmed a living/dining room and not introduced any water apart from the tiniest of clean water on a 1"brush cleaning down angles and even then left it a while before trowling.

Just looks awful, not in the sense of bad work streaks, blemishes etc in fact the gear was lovley to use.

Ironically it really hit home today as called into a job from around 8 years ago it's been a build that has had to stop due to BC etc and customer was joking that he'd still not painted a particular room.

I had a look at the room looked lovley all 1 colour, proper soul destroying looking at dried out work now.

It's even getting to the stage that I've started to say it will look awful before being painted to some customers as I feel it looks that weird.

Probably if I'd only just started plastering I wouldn't think anything of it but it used to be a sign of a good spread how his work dried out.

Now good spreads work doesn't look much better than bad spreads until painted!

Piss & wind!!!!!
Had this exact conversation with a couple of decorators yesterday. They'd commented on how they painted our ceilings and didn't find a single blemish to fill, not one. I was genuinely surprised.
Anyway I asked them what they thought the walls and ceilings looked like before they started? They cautiously said that they didn't look great and were surprised that once mist coated looked spot on, no filling or sanding.
Honestly I f**k**g hate how our work looks nowadays. The plaster definitely looks just how Carlite Finish used to.

Had this exact conversation with a couple of decorators yesterday. They'd commented on how they painted our ceilings and didn't find a single blemish to fill, not one. I was genuinely surprised.
Anyway I asked them what they thought the walls and ceilings looked like before they started? They cautiously said that they didn't look great and were surprised that once mist coated looked spot on, no filling or sanding.
Honestly I fkg hate how our work looks nowadays. The plaster definitely looks just how Carlite Finish used to.

Someways it’s a uniform colour, others not so, but like everyone on here, I’m paranoid till it’s painted. I try and use as little water as poss, and if I do, it’s cause I’ve f**k*d my timings up a bit and got cocky!

Honestly I fkg hate how our work looks nowadays. The plaster definitely looks just how Carlite Finish used to.

This is it @essexandy 100% agree.

When I was taught we used to get a bollocking if our walls didn't look right when dried even if they would be perfect when painted etc.

That's always stayed with me and imo was always a sign of a proper spread.

I just can't work out how you can finish a set timesd perfect that looks perfect then can drop back 2 days later and looks like a car crash when dry then perfect again when painted!

I just can't see how that can be from flexis trowel alone etc!

This is it @essexandy 100% agree.

When I was taught we used to get a bollocking if our walls didn't look right when dried even if they would be perfect when painted etc.

That's always stayed with me and imo was always a sign of a proper spread.

I just can't work out how you can finish a set timesd perfect that looks perfect then can drop back 2 days later and looks like a car crash when dry then perfect again when painted!

I just can't see how that can be from flexis trowel alone etc!

The boards are shite aswell mate.
Loaded off pallet then start to bow.
Dab them on during the night the cuunts bow in centre of walls a touch.
Don't get it on studs where there screwed.