Multifinish when dry!!!!

Members online

Early water mate....it's done but not far away.
I know how it's gonna dry and paint.
Owes me £950 from end of last week approx £600 (4 hits this weekend) and small plot approx £800 start next week.
Liquid gold mate (y)
What time did u kick in with that? with no lab ?!

I am mate.....getting ready for them bars mate can't fuucking wait xx
Picking up
Screenshot_20190427-145039_Samsung Internet.jpg

This is it @essexandy 100% agree.

When I was taught we used to get a bollocking if our walls didn't look right when dried even if they would be perfect when painted etc.

That's always stayed with me and imo was always a sign of a proper spread.

I just can't work out how you can finish a set timesd perfect that looks perfect then can drop back 2 days later and looks like a car crash when dry then perfect again when painted!

I just can't see how that can be from flexis trowel alone etc!
I think the humidity in the room has a part to play with how it dries out, I find in the summer months it’s hard to get timings spot on, and in winter when it’s cooler the walls/ ceilings dry uniformed.

I think the humidity in the room has a part to play with how it dries out, I find in the summer months it’s hard to get timings spot on, and in winter when it’s cooler the walls/ ceilings dry uniformed.

The best way to know is work alongside another spread in different rooms, if finish differs a lot then its not the gear!

The best way to know is work alongside another spread in different rooms, if finish differs a lot then its not the gear!

I'm working with another spread at minute and his finish is blinding mine though hes slow as f**k a proper 1 wall at a time spread. Dont get me wrong both will paint the same but his just looks right where as mine just looks gash!

I'm blaming @algeeman for getting me into all this 1 flatten then wet wall brush the wall trowel bollox looks F*****g awful dry!

I know we've been over this before but would be nice to hear if possible from BRITISH GYPSUM.

Not so long ago if when troweling up your work you DIDNT use any additional water you couldn't fail to ensure the finish dried all 1 consistent colour.

I've just skimmed a living/dining room and not introduced any water apart from the tiniest of clean water on a 1"brush cleaning down angles and even then left it a while before trowling.

Just looks awful, not in the sense of bad work streaks, blemishes etc in fact the gear was lovley to use.

Ironically it really hit home today as called into a job from around 8 years ago it's been a build that has had to stop due to BC etc and customer was joking that he'd still not painted a particular room.

I had a look at the room looked lovley all 1 colour, proper soul destroying looking at dried out work now.

It's even getting to the stage that I've started to say it will look awful before being painted to some customers as I feel it looks that weird.

Probably if I'd only just started plastering I wouldn't think anything of it but it used to be a sign of a good spread how his work dried out.

Now good spreads work doesn't look much better than bad spreads until painted!

Piss & wind!!!!!
Nerd

Maybe they are getting to the bottom of the mine and there are more contaminants...we will all be spray plastering soon!

I started using sponge float for overskim on existing walls, it works magic and makes it dry one colour and it looks nice.