Multiple substrates

Members online

Olican

Private Member
Will be tackling this little beauty with the very toight @smoother09 . The client has gone with sas thincoat system. I am meeting their tech rep who will advise on their recommended system. I am not principle contractor on this project. The back of the property has 4 different substrates, I'm interested to hear how they suggest we tackle it but more interested to hear opinions on here. @Rigsby @Dansouthcoast84 @essexandy @owls etc
That thermalite is an obvious concern, can't believe it was built that way (early 1970s apparently)

IMG_20180702_151336.jpg

IMG_20180702_151355.jpg

IMG_20180702_151358.jpg

IMG_20180702_152922.jpg

run olli run for the hills.lol

na only joking... 1st id get rid of that eml and put a 9mm carrierboard there.
then pregrit or prime the thermies to control suction.
10mm basecoat with mesh on top 2mm slurry
prime then topcoat

I use the krend system because I love hp12 so it would be r10 then hp12 base then prime then top coat not sure about sas system though

This was the thread where I meant to say, "and that my friend is why cladding was invented".
I actually did a job similar to this years ago before all these new fangled renders were readily available.
I just covered the whole lot in building paper and EML and cracked on with a two coat S&C render. Still good to this day.

This was the thread where I meant to say, "and that my friend is why cladding was invented".
I actually did a job similar to this years ago before all these new fangled renders were readily available.
I just covered the whole lot in building paper and EML and cracked on with a two coat S&C render. Still good to this day.

Ah , makes sense now. I wanted to go down a more traditional sand and cement route but they want what they want

Nice stuff to use sas renders,
They will say use a base coat called sas float, it goes over 7n and 3.5n block.lovely stuff to spray and rule,it's less money than a Parex or Weber equivalent aswell.

I’ve not read through all the answers but with thin coat I’d definitely split the base coats up into different days. It’s not the easiest at the best of times when it’s loaded with polymers and different suctions can’t be a pain to get flat/rub up.

Not bothered about u values was thinking it would get over all the different backgrounds like a dab of board internally.
I had a similar thought, would it be easier to dab eps boards over whole panel. Not sure what cost equivalents would be

I think SAS will spec their Lite as a base coat fully meshed. Grade 5.

Nice gear SAS. Just too far to pick up the odd bag.

I think SAS will spec their Lite as a base coat fully meshed. Grade 5.

Nice gear SAS. Just too far to pick up the odd bag.
Would you contemplate a sand@cement option over that? If so what would your approach be