Need help with NVQ2

shaun87

Hi ive been plastering on site for about 15 years and have found out my green cscs card is no loner acceptable. Im looking to do a nvq2 course in the South Yorkshire area if anyone knows any where I could do this the help would be appreciated.
thanks

Hi ive been plastering on site for about 15 years and have found out my green cscs card is no loner acceptable. Im looking to do a nvq2 course in the South Yorkshire area if anyone knows any where I could do this the help would be appreciated.
thanks
Contact your local college and they will send out an NVQ assessor to help you build a potfolio for your quals

Thanks I’ll give that a try.
3D973639-4C6F-43EA-B84B-BC7A4B256D4F.jpeg

Yup an OSAT is what I did....

the NVQ2 is not worth the paper it was printed on but my god if you have that you are the safest and best plasterer on site....

thanks
There is a college based in thirsk that can help you..if you have been in the trade for over 5 years you can do something called a EWPA it’s a 2 day fast track nvq 2 in solid Plastering.
First day fill in the paperwork second day 8 hours to do your practical assessment.if you are working with other plasterers who have their blue card then should not be a problem Working on site with a green card.like @Danny said the nvq is not worth the paper is written on..don’t matter what card you have got I’ve worked with lads that have got their gold card and they were a pile of s**t..most spreads when I started were labourers who self thought,they were the lads who wanted to learn the trade trouble is now days they are giving the nvqs away to muppets that have got know idea what they are doing..

There is a college based in thirsk that can help you..if you have been in the trade for over 5 years you can do something called a EWPA it’s a 2 day fast track nvq 2 in solid Plastering.
First day fill in the paperwork second day 8 hours to do your practical assessment.if you are working with other plasterers who have their blue card then should not be a problem Working on site with a green card.like @Danny said the nvq is not worth the paper is written on..don’t matter what card you have got I’ve worked with lads that have got their gold card and they were a pile of s**t..most spreads when I started were labourers who self thought,they were the lads who wanted to learn the trade trouble is now days they are giving the nvqs away to muppets that have got know idea what they are doing..
Couldn't have put it better myself

Thanks Taylor that sounds great. 2 days and it’s over and done with. Is it called super skills?
Yes I think so..price is £950 you can do 3 payments then once complete you can apply for your blue cscs card the process from start to finish I.e getting your blue card takes about a 3 weeks..you have to wait that time to allow the nvq (central) to access your nvq..all in all a load of b*ll***s so if I was you just tag alongside spreads with your green card ..sites can’t refuse to let you on just because you a labourers card..trust me I have worked with labours over the years that can spread to a better standard than most plasterers