Need some advice on weber rendering

Members online

DR1983

Good morning all,

so just wanted some advice, based in new eltham

1,I have had the front of my house rendered in graphite grey weber render, it was hand done, unfortunately the bay area which was battened and boarded with marine ply then had the pink netting and metal mesh pinned on came out to fair. Because of this the render now alines with the cill of the window (see pics), is there anything I can do to preserve it as water is going to get into it now, if i had it replaced would I be be to cut into the existing render on the house so it wouldn't notice.

2,If you look on the image bottom left by the door you can see some white marks which builders have done when doing the work/drive, it shows lighter than the actual render colour, is there anything i can do so as to remove these marks? will it be a case of time and it should revert to the colour it has aged into now ?

Attachments

• IMG_1277 (1).jpg
    IMG_1277 (1).jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 456
  • IMG_1277.jpg
    IMG_1277.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 1,110
  • IMG_1273.jpg
    IMG_1273.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 456
  • IMG_1276.jpg
    IMG_1276.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 857
Can’t really see the issue around the door, we need a close up.

As for the bay? Thats a fail. Not only is water going to get in but even if you sealed it you will get staining. Are they plastic windows? You can get sill extensions. The upper bay window reveal looks untidy.

yes plastic windows, i was thinking about doing the window cill extension thing, i still need to add trims round windows

image attached

Attachments

• IMG_1291 (1).jpg
    IMG_1291 (1).jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 555
yes plastic windows, i was thinking about doing the window cill extension thing, i still need to add trims round windows

image attached

Looks like a halo.

With a bot of skill this can be made good then to get the colour back use a colour wash. Rendit in Doncaster can do it but they are busy at the moment with dealing with heat wave damage. You may have to wait a while.

Looks like a halo.

With a bot of skill this can be made good then to get the colour back use a colour wash. Rendit in Doncaster can do it but they are busy at the moment with dealing with heat wave damage. You may have to wait a while.

HOw has the heatwave caused damage?

Good morning all,

1,I have had the front of my house rendered in graphite grey weber render, it was hand done, unfortunately the bay area which was battened and boarded with marine ply then had the pink netting and metal mesh pinned on came out to fair. Because of this the render now alines with the cill of the window (see pics), is there anything I can do to preserve it as water is going to get into it now, if i had it replaced would I be be to cut into the existing render on the house so it wouldn't notice.

2,If you look on the image bottom left by the door you can see some white marks which builders have done when doing the work/drive, it shows lighter than the actual render colour, is there anything i can do so as to remove these marks? will it be a case of time and it should revert to the colour it has aged into now ?
Good morning all,

The issue by your door is a large miss 100% it won’t go away
The way the bay is done I can’t believe they have done that !
You can try Cil Exstension but would say the bay will fail so would remove and do it again

Misses and halo’s can be re-textured if you know how and I only know part how.

But then it will need the colour putting back. Parex colour wash is very good. Water it down up to 50% though or it will look like thick paint.

Jub’s revitacolor is another at 60m2 per tub and Rendit will make and sell you most colours.

Thanks for your replies, it looks like a halo but its not its actually just been rubbed down to remove a mark left by the builder, is anyone work/life in the south east kent area?

I would be happy to pay for someone to come and fix this, If i was to have the bay redone would there be a colour match problem with the new and old?

Why does hand applying affect it out of interest? I don't use these bagged renders so curious!
Tbf mate I don’t often but naturally try to fill out thick with render but the mono I should of kept first coat really tight then fill thicker on second pass hopefully then when scratching back don’t hit the first pass which is what forms the halo effect , there’s nothing can do once they show.
God knows how anyone does that stuff by hand I think it’s all horrible product to use tbh if it goes wrong can cost you a fortune on materials lost and to put right

Hi i undersand what your sayng buts its not a Halo, i will send a before pic, the builder tried to remove a mark he made by using a scrapper

Hi i undersand what your sayng buts its not a Halo, i will send a before pic, the builder tried to remove a mark he made by using a scrapper
Mate I’m telling you 100% it’s a halo I don’t mind posting the same f**k up I made myself, it’s stuffed, this is the one I did , I redid the whole panel again, such a shame when it happens but it does , starts off the size of a 5p coin gets bigger and bigger the more you scratch it
D0CB421B-372F-4F89-ADB6-653D409C5009.jpeg

Mate I’m telling you 100% it’s a halo I don’t mind posting the same f**k up I made myself, it’s stuffed, this is the one I did , I redid the whole panel again, such a shame when it happens but it does , starts off the size of a 5p coin gets bigger and bigger the more you scratch it
View attachment 25602
Yours is a halo but the other is not

here is a pic pre builder, so can anyone help? I spoke to a weber approved applicator he seems to they he could do the bay again with correct materials and then scratch the existing render and reapply?

Attachments

• d157c652-dd17-432e-b1ba-f81039d69e7d.JPG
    d157c652-dd17-432e-b1ba-f81039d69e7d.JPG
    246.5 KB · Views: 250
Looks like a halo.

Where you based @Rigsby . Only do little rendering but started going rendit in donny. Seem really helpful

It’s not a halo. We’ve sprayed quite a lot of grey Render this year G30 & G50 and that is most definitely the results of messing about with it after it’s set.

You’ll find rendit will struggle to match grey Renders due to the colour variation determined by how early or late it’s opened up.

Where you based @Rigsby . Only do little rendering but started going rendit in donny. Seem really helpful

Sheffield but not taking on work at the moment. Helping others as and when I can.

Rendit is well established in contracting, remedial and supplying of materials.

Bailed me out of trouble a few times.

Where are you based?

Sheffield but not taking on work at the moment. Helping others as and when I can.

Rendit is well established in contracting, remedial and supplying of materials.

Bailed me out of trouble a few times.

Where are you based?
Barnsley . Service and hwlp at donny rendit was brilliant. Used to work at crosby kitchens in sheffield before i started plastering. Know kids from there mainly swallownest and woodhouse. Did a bit on a huge old peoples home near there few years back

Barnsley . Service and hwlp at donny rendit was brilliant. Used to work at crosby kitchens in sheffield before i started plastering. Know kids from there mainly swallownest and woodhouse. Did a bit on a huge old peoples home near there few years back

Keep in touch I am not far from Barnsley. I can only do the odd morning at the moment. Ok for getting mono on in a hurry etc.

Why don't you get the same guys back to do the rest?
Who will give their name doing the rest side and back when the front looks f**k*d up and that's what 99% of the passers by see, so the new gang will be associated with it

It’s not a halo. We’ve sprayed quite a lot of grey Render this year G30 & G50 and that is most definitely the results of messing about with it after it’s set.

You’ll find rendit will struggle to match grey Renders due to the colour variation determined by how early or late it’s opened up.

Very true mate the darker colours need to be finished all together or issues

Why don't you get the same guys back to do the rest?
Who will give their name doing the rest side and back when the front looks f**k*d up and that's what 99% of the passers by see, so the new gang will be associated with it

Guy was a one man band would did lots of internal plastering for me, he did the mono for a fixed price then asked for more money (as he usually did) but in this instance he was working 10am tilll 3-4pm daily and I didn't feel it was just justified and told him no. he didn't like this and left never to be been again