nela handles

Members online

taylor

Does anybody on here know if nela make bigger trowel handles? I like the trowels but the skinny handles are killing my hands I'm using tennis racket grip tape to make them bigger but it's a pain in the a##e! I don't really wanna use my other trowels I like the finish I get with these but I'm suffering after a day's skimming. Any ideas would be appreciated thanks(y)

this is what I have to do
WP_20170219_17_47_59_Pro.jpg
WP_20170219_17_59_14_Pro.jpg

ha ha I should of thought twice about that photo:D! It's a medi flex I use it for laying on and first trowels .its a thicker blade ,ill probably get told it's not for laying on but the results are great for me so its what I use

ha ha I should of thought twice about that photo:D! It's a medi flex I use it for laying on and first trowels .its a thicker blade ,ill probably get told it's not for laying on but the results are great for me so its what I use
Origional refina superted just the same mate just less rounded corners. Nela realised their first flex trowel was tooflimsy and made an almost identical trowel to refinas. How do i know?? I have both and apart from the handles they are prettymuch the same

I've got both as well I just prefer this one this new blade feels stronger
Its all personal preference (like anything really) for what its worth @Plasterers1StopShop will take your comments on board asi guess you are not the only person who isnt keen on the handles ?? Im not a fan of their handles at all and prefer my MT's but refinas isnt far off

In all honesty, we have had hardly any comments that are negative about the handle. I will see if we have a big ghee version. I know the wooden one is if that's of interest?

The MediFLEX was brought out as there was a demand as it competes with others. It wasn't due to the fact the other version is too flimsy - it's still our best seller by a huge amount

In all honesty, we have had hardly any comments that are negative about the handle. I will see if we have a big ghee version. I know the wooden one is if that's of interest?

The MediFLEX was brought out as there was a demand as it competes with others. It wasn't due to the fact the other version is too flimsy - it's still our best seller by a huge amount
Im sorry if i misquoted but im sure the older threads may insinuate the origional was frowned on as you couldn't apply with it and only finish?? I wont drag up all of the other stuff as no need but myself along with others explained why we didnt like it then the medi flex was made. I still have mine for the record

Personally I think the nela rubber handle is by far the best out there. The cork went a bit smooth for me and made my hand hurt by gripping it too tight I think. Is that perhaps the problem and not the size of the handle.

Personally I think the nela rubber handle is by far the best out there. The cork went a bit smooth for me and made my hand hurt by gripping it too tight I think. Is that perhaps the problem and not the size of the handle.
I was given the rubber biko handle much better than the cork which i (still do) cant stand. Great trowels dont get me wrong (the medi flex and premium mk2) i cant say on the others altho from what i read mostly positive. Bottom line is you give any decent spread ANY trowel and they will produce a satisfactory finish. Give them something like a MT Nela or Refina they produce a decent finish with less effort.

I'll check out the rubber handle is it thicker?,they do look crude but I only started using wraps on the nela handles recently because I really like these new medi flex trowels there perfect weight for me but they cramp my hands after a while

Could be right I've got the cork it's good but does get slippy now and again but I usually wear gloves if I can find the right hand one grrrr @Plasterers1StopShop do you sell the handles and a spanner for it? Are they all universal I wouldn't mind trying a rubber handle. My 20" has broke in nicely which seems a lot quicker than the last one and has kept its shape.

I expect the rubber is same size but it might be that you find it easier to grip. My own personal experience with the cork is it went a bit smooth and I found it hard to grip, most people love the cork handle but I found the rubber was better for me.

I expect the rubber is same size but it might be that you find it easier to grip. My own personal experience with the cork is it went a bit smooth and I found it hard to grip, most people love the cork handle but I found the rubber was better for me.
I lightly sandpaper mine....works for me.
I also used to wrap an old goldblatt trowel handle in wide, sticky bandage.....great grip

That would be very handy if they make one

Could be right I've got the cork it's good but does get slippy now and again but I usually wear gloves if I can find the right hand one grrrr @Plasterers1StopShop do you sell the handles and a spanner for it? Are they all universal I wouldn't mind trying a rubber handle. My 20" has broke in nicely which seems a lot quicker than the last one and has kept its shape.

Hi mate,

We sell the handles but not the spanner. The NELA handles will fit on any of the trowels. Go easy on the nut though as you don't want to sheer it off!

Glad the new one is serving you well