** NELA News **

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whats wet and dry cassie ? oh i get it. the code for a bit of bumming :RpS_thumbsup: Must be as you used the word Bosh at the end of your sentence

The width is the issue i have with it, which makes the refina a better trowel IMHO

I use refina and nela tools, interested to know why people think the nela is too narrow, as you only use the s*p*r*lex for trowelling up, and in that case are using the edge of the trowel only... serious question..

I use refina and nela tools, interested to know why people think the nela is too narrow, as you only use the s*p*r*lex for trowelling up, and in that case are using the edge of the trowel only... serious question..
Anything too wide feels cumbersome and unbalanced I think anyway

Its designed to trowel up with, not strong enough..

I would of thought, putting on is less stressful on the trowel than actually putting firm pressure on it when troweling up, I think a lot of spreads over complicate these s*p*r*lex trowels,

Do you mean the refina s*p*r*lex

Yes

The refina never seems to leave any lines when flattening in, unlike the nela. I use the Nela SS and i prefer it to the MT SS. just cant get away with the s*p*r*lex

If u want some, I can get them, obviously the minimum delivery charge of £125 will apply , unless you get them from Romford Tools.com, in which case it's free :RpS_cool:

I don't quite know where your going with this?

I sell them to Romford Tools..... I have enough coming in next week but thanks anyway??

I don't quite know where your going with this?

I sell them to Romford Tools..... I have enough coming in next week but thanks anyway??

Its not not difficult, I live near Romford and if you're worried about all the lads not having trowels I can get some for you. For them. From Romford Tools :RpS_thumbsup:

I use my Nela s*p*r*lex a fair bit but I also recognise it's limitations and still use my MT Permashape more. I also prefer the MT to the Nela Premium. I've started using a brand new MT this week and without anything more than a minute with the oil stone I can use it from the start of a hit to the finish. No chance of that with the Nela, I feel the gauge of the steel may be a little to thick.
The Eze spates I'm loving and getting more and more use out of them.

I would of thought, putting on is less stressful on the trowel than actually putting firm pressure on it when troweling up, I think a lot of spreads over complicate these s*p*r*lex trowels,
A trowel takes way more pressure when applying the finish... trowelling up with the s*p*r*lex uses little pressure, thats the idea of them mate.

I bought a new mt 16x4 trowel from romford tools last saturday used monday no oilstone sandpaper or water needed dont see what all the fuss is about

We do say that the NELA Premium can't be used straight out of the box for finishing. It will require a bit of work on the Oilstone before it can be.

However, the NELA s*p*r*lex is ready to finish straight out of the box. If you want to put a bit of wet and dry on it, it wont do any harm.

Using these trowels is changing the way of plastering slightly. The NELA s*p*r*lex can't be compared to a MT, they are different trowels.

The Feedback we have had says that using the s*p*r*lex is making the Job easier, they are achieving a better finish, they are saving time each job due to using no water and many other positive points.

The Trowel has been designed to make the job easier for you, achieve a great finish and really do the hard work for you.

We have also just had the good news that stock has left Germany so the shelves will be filled up by the end of next week.

Everyone who purchases a NELA Trowel from us directly will receive either a NELA or PUTZ Tools T-shirt

Have a good weekend :RpS_thumbup:

it takes literally 2 mins with fine papaer to rub the tiny lines from the edge of the premium, then its good to go straight away... the s*p*r*lex needs zero breaking in... this is what I found anyway...

I was initially gonna question my trowel skills be that would be ridiculous and clearly not the issuse so it can only be the trowel

im using the premium at the mo , done a bit of rendering with it and a few floors , now using it for skimming[/QUOTEhow is it in comparison to mt for skim work

My skimming mt is 20 years old , so the nela is no comparison at the moment , but the nela is a well made trowel almost to well made in a heavy duty type way , but im sure it will wear in to a very good trowel in time , the nela blade seems thick to me , as does the tang , and i was not to sure of the handle at first but all seems ok . I like the trowel sizes of the nela over the modern day mts as they seem to wide and shovel like , but im use to narrow worn in mts so my opinion is not very use full when it comes to new things :RpS_thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.