new BLADE RUNNER!

Status
Not open for further replies.

oasis

has any1 else got one of them BLADE RUNNER laster board cutters..

got 1 2 day £40 !

wot a gr8 idea ..

cut 2 be fair i couldt get on with the fing..
i took i back 2 day

Yeah i got one not impressed difficult to cut a 600 rip because the board is off centre of the pile, also the bottom half dropped off at one point and i went to pick it up and trapped me fingers between the bloody thing, you`d be better off and just as quick with a decent tape and an Irwin imo

haha really? i nearly bought one, had jewsos on the phone informing me they had them in cos i enquired a couple of weeks ago, tho i started back at college today and one of the lectureres wants to get a bunch of them in :-/ think ill wait till they're in and i can try before i buy

first thing the boss said was £40! i coulda got u a good edge and new knife with blades and lunch for £30

tho they do claim to cut 1400 linear meters or something like that, which in fairness is a damn site more that a standard blade will cut anyway, and it should be more accurate once your used to it, plus the abbility to cut right angles and circles out without extra sawing and trimming/shaving has gotta make it a good buy, essential maybe not but be bloody handy to and save time  :cool:

still gettin used to mine..does take some doing...and it is really tempting to just get the knife out...it's not like it does away with knives anyway...
i find that if i just take one board from a stack and drop it on two hopups it makes life easier cutting down the middle and you can get your knee on it in case the friction tries to cock it up for you..
does leave a nice cut though....
reckon it'd be better if it had a surform build into the bottom..
if you want it bullet straight you can still hold it up against an edge too, just knock 30mm off your size
i reckon a bit of silicon spray would help it along too, back to black sort of stuff..
they do cut 9mm btw but the bloody thing clamps itself together as soon as it comes off the board and they take some prisin apart again...someone said it before...watch yer fingers or you'll be all blood blisters...give it the kids to play with when theyre annoying you.. :p

thats it ive made my mine up! im getting one just to i can let 2 certain idiotic numpties in my college group have a go at cutting 9mm board in the hope they trap their fingers and have the rest of the week off ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.