new cottage floor

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

martinemj

pics of a job finished before christmas 2012...just called back and took couple
of photos before being let..

we removed the old screed/concrete floor and found the flags below
removed flags to garage outside(numbered)
cleaned ....
floor dug out to approx 19"
new floor to labc spec ...with flags relaid...lime pointed joints
flags were sealed(customer sealed final coat )

they are not perfect but fit in with the 300 yr old cottage fine...

Last edited:
Nice job marra...............what's the score with the walls? Are they below ground level, looking at them steps.

yes we have done work on this property on and off
last 5 yrs....we removed plaster from window wall...tanked ..limelite plaster
the wooden steps were installed too....
there was a long hallway (removed plasterboard wall) and concrete steps too

Lovely floor, the door way looks. Horrible ,but the floor is top class,the rest of the room is all wrong, the rad does not suit or the curtains, that horrible steps up to the door and the door itself is needing a home in a skip, sorry..bad mood this morning

Last edited:
yes i agree esp curtains !!

ime not a fan of upvc in older properties

its a let property so door will prob stay until rotten

I am taking a flag stone floor out of a house next week and they or should i say she could not be pursuaded to have it re-layed ! I have been instructed to just skip them so, on the bright side a nice bonus for me because a pal of mine will be buying them from me :RpS_thumbup:

I am taking a flag stone floor out of a house next week and they or should i say she could not be pursuaded to have it re-layed ! I have been instructed to just skip them so, on the bright side a nice bonus for me because a pal of mine will be buying them from me :RpS_thumbup:
Waste not want not, we binned loads of stuff over the years due to lack of storage etc

Status
Not open for further replies.