New pricing method

Members online

megamix

Anyone ever priced work by the wall . My
Brother had a quote for new bathroom and other bits . I looked at the quote and everything was priced up separately instead of one price. Example fit door £50 fit sink £50 tile floor £300 you get the idea . My brother thought it was good price but then I said the builder could do most of them jobs done in the day so he’s raking it in . Imagine if we priced a room and said £100 per wall £200 ceiling.

Brother had a quote for new bathroom and other bits . I looked at the quote and everything was priced up separately instead of one price. Example fit door £50 fit sink £50 tile floor £300 you get the idea . My brother thought it was good price but then I said the builder could do most of them jobs done in the day so he’s raking it in . Imagine if we priced a room and said £100 per wall £200 ceiling.
Could be a good idea until they say we've changed our mind can you just plaster the small wall as that's the worst area and we'll sand the rest. £50 was it for that bit? Lovely jubbly

Could be a good idea until they say we've changed our mind can you just plaster the small wall as that's the worst area and we'll sand the rest. £50 was it for that bit? Lovely jubbly
It’s just that most customers would happily hand over up to £100 for a wall .but wouldn’t pay £400 for all 4 walls .

@Fatarm warty a wall is all he does

Some bloke advertises in local mag .120 a ceiling. 65 a wall cove .render tile paint. That's how he words it .

An itemised quote isn’t a good thing. Too many things they can start making comparisons on.

Labour £x
Materials £x

I don't even do that unless the customer is buying materials. If customer is arsey about materials, they'll be sorry because I'll go to the builders merchants and get a price for whole tubs of SBR, hundreds of screws, twice as much plaster as I need, You get the idea. Then print it off with no discount and smack them about the head with it.

We should charge per wall took the dog to vet other day 60 pound ten minute and people pay whithout haggling. you do some plastering work for people difrent story then. They start haggling. OK vet do 10years in college. But I've done 5 10 years to reach the good standerd I've become to be a plastrer so pay like you pay vets solicitor and doctors even mechanic charge 60 hour

I don't even do that unless the customer is buying materials. If customer is arsey about materials, they'll be sorry because I'll go to the builders merchants and get a price for whole tubs of SBR, hundreds of screws, twice as much plaster as I need, You get the idea. Then print it off with no discount and smack them about the head with it.
Once a customer said to me don’t worry about the materials I’ve got a mate at merchants who will sort me out a good rate . After I did job I asked him how much he paid . I told him I could of saved him £50 . He said not possible where from . Wickes I said .

Every wall is different, how can you charge per wall? As far as not getting £400 for four walls, I disagree, quite regularly get that sorted of money if I'm honest!

Every room, ceiling, wall etc/ is different.. I may charge £200 for a couple of dwarf walls, or £400 for an area 20 x the size.. there is no set day rate or limit to watch you charge.. charge what the jobs worth.