New ritmo slimline

I’ve had a go on one at the eco render days and ordering one this week
I’ll use my armoured cables which makes it the same as any 3 phase machine on site
I was going to get a armoured cables. But never asked about the ritmo on site. And the things I made that poor machine do lol. She was spraying site mix yesterday.

I don't know if I'll buy one yet. I probably will tho :rayos:. Just don't want to sell my one. But cant see the need for 2 of them. My l does what I ask of it tbh.

Pft showed me the video a while back. When the ritmo was released I got them to send me the video.
Do u have any problems with the amps wit it. Do u need to use the soft r@s to keep them down. Have u used a r@s that's not soft with it. I can see amps being a problem but could be wrong.

This is the issue we had with the 240v Monomix and one reason why we have never pushed them in the UK - apart from the fact they are 240v and we wont sell that.

The soft will reduce the amps and this would also be the solution for the Monomix

I’ve had a go on one at the eco render days and ordering one this week
I’ll use my armoured cables which makes it the same as any 3 phase machine on site

How does it make it the same as 3 Phase

415v vs 240v - 415v allowed on sites, 240v is not. The cable doesn’t change the voltage

Maybe it’s the air versus chemical setting times?.Three or four lads skimming with normal skim how long is the set and gear starting to harden in the machine.The airless plaster is available ,what it’s like i don’t know but is it a machine to spray normal skim that you are after?,and why?.
You maybe right mate I don’t know , what I mean is I don’t care of the ins and outs just mean whatever the issue is with the skim coming out with s**t loads of over spray everywhere just sort that , I’m sure if two people were in the same room that knew about the machine and the plaster they could sort this , as for why I say why not painters spray renderers spray skim should be being sprayed too , just look at anyone in there 50s they wouldn’t be walking round with worn out bodies

You cant argue the facts. It has been proved time and time again.

It’s not illegal to use it, but it’s certsinly frowned upon

But, 240v isn’t always allowed on sites within the UK. No matter what bits of paperwork you have there are some sites with a strict NO 240v.

This can also be proved by people being kicked off site for simply using a 240v! I know of many companies who have had the same issue with machines (even m-tec ones)

It’s not down to a contractor to educate a site official or main contractor - it’s their rule. And HSE also don’t recommend it, they have always promoted 110v.

@welzy many sites offer 3 Phase power (415v) and also 110v - have you ever seen a site offering 240v?

You cant argue the facts. It has been proved time and time again.

It’s not illegal to use it, but it’s certsinly frowned upon

But, 240v isn’t always allowed on sites within the UK. No matter what bits of paperwork you have there are some sites with a strict NO 240v.

This can also be proved by people being kicked off site for simply using a 240v! I know of many companies who have had the same issue with machines (even m-tec ones)

It’s not down to a contractor to educate a site official or main contractor - it’s their rule. And HSE also don’t recommend it, they have always promoted 110v.

@welzy many sites offer 3 Phase power (415v) and also 110v - have you ever seen a site offering 240v?
A lot of diesels are not allowed on site in the uk now and soon not at all but you sell diesels ?

A lot of diesels are not allowed on site in the uk now and soon not at all but you sell diesels ?

Cant be true. So they didn't let in machines to dig the sites ? Lorries carrying stone.? Telehandlers ? I suppose u cant drive a van on site to. It don't make sense.

Cant be true. So they didn't let in machines to dig the sites ? Lorries carrying stone.? Telehandlers ? I suppose u cant drive a van on site to. It don't make sense.
It is supposed to be happening in London, don’t know when. Bunker have brought a big electric machine out for when it does. Got s**t loads of batteries on it.

It is supposed to be happening in London, don’t know when. Bunker have brought a big electric machine out for when it does. Got s**t loads of batteries on it.
I have a bunker. Vary good diesel machine. Cant see it happening tbh. How would they excavate the sites and what not. And ralbo bloke is saying diesel machines are being put off sites already? I can't see it as they would have to change the law. And it would just slow the billing process down not being able to use diesel engines on building sites . Not going to happen. All the big companies would make sure of that. JCB CAT and so on.

In London, there have been some areas where Diesel screed machines arent allowed. This is why electric versions have been brought out. This is due to the Emissions and noise - fascinating bits of kit in fairness

Agree and a new designed machine , light as f**k , small , super easy to clean and quickly that sprays skim in a straight line , not airless but skim
Would be the best selling machine full stop, tbh absolutely baffles me why either pft or mtec haven’t sorted this , I don’t mean with what they have already mean totally new design, got renderers getting better machines and guns to use year after year but skim seems like no one is bothered, there surely is a bigger market for new skim spray machine than all the render machines put together
No one is going to develop a machine that is only going to be bought by a handful of guys in the UK. The EU market isnt interested.

You can use a cats eye nozzle on a screw pump to give a flat band, however it still doesnt combat the mess created by the atomization of the plaster, or deal with the fact that you can only put on a certain amount before it starts to set. You also have to deal with the issue of cleaning out the machine before the material in that sets, whilst also troweling your wall. Its a ballache unless you have extra men,and if you have extra men then they may as well of done there own hits each, instead of having one man one the machine and the others just standing around waiting for their areas to be sprayed

No one is going to develop a machine that is only going to be bought by a handful of guys in the UK. The EU market isnt interested.

You can use a cats eye nozzle on a screw pump to give a flat band, however it still doesnt combat the mess created by the atomization of the plaster, or deal with the fact that you can only put on a certain amount before it starts to set. You also have to deal with the issue of cleaning out the machine before the material in that sets, whilst also troweling your wall. Its a ballache unless you have extra men,and if you have extra men then they may as well of done there own hits each, instead of having one man one the machine and the others just standing around waiting for their areas to be sprayed
Just ignore me mate no one seems to understand what I mean
Forget pft and mtec and anything else there is and someone start from scratch is what I mean , I’m not gonna talk about it anymore
A British made small engineering company with the vision is what’s needed

Blimey you've changed your tune Steve.

Used the ritmo slimline. The other day. What a wee Beast of a machine. Couldn't get over the speed of it. It was just out of the box lol. We only put 120kg of render trough it. As it's all I had in the van. But we will have it on site next week and will get a good video. U would definitely need an extension Hopper with it as it goes through bags in no time. U would think u where using a g4. I had to look back when spraying to make sure it was the ritmo lol.

you still teaching it at a cost ?
No did not have the time . Someone else now teaches the course I put together, however i still support the students via my facebook group Airless Spray Plasterers

With regard to the cost. As a independent, the all the facilities need to be covered in the price. They had to cover the cost of materials, machines and the time to set the course up the day before. Also had to cover the cost of not being at work and I only charged a standard days money

Manufactures obviously have a the resources to be able to put on a free course which is great however you will only learn a limited amount and only learn about there products which are not always the best on the market.

Keith you obviously think that I have mugged people of in some way or have a profited in some way from these courses which is not the case. I also dont promote airless to get people to do courses or spend any money. I do it because it works for me in my business, is far easier on a plasterers body and can be taught to the younger generation and is more appealing to them then the old ways.

Lol lol lol. No doubt this is good and fair play to PFT, it’s good to see things developing for the trade and no doubt, the Ritmo range are good machines. But, M-tec have had the mono mix with a d pump available for a while and in 240v....

Let’s not forget, it’s still 240v and you will have restrictions on site!

Also, the M200 is a class machine - it’s only seems to be a minority of followers for other brands who seem to take a disliking to it and slate it.
Or the people who buy it and put it up for resale lol like a lot seem to do. Anyway it's all G**.

Or the people who buy it and put it up for resale lol like a lot seem to do. Anyway it's all G**.

There are also a fair few who have done the same with the Ritmo... In fairness, you’ll get negative comments on all machines, that’s personal choice. We have some huge fans of the M200 and for good reason as they do with Ritmos

Last edited: