new system for fixing beads

The new tape is almost ready for distribution.
Thanks to the members on here it has been improved and redesigned.
It now comes on a roll with an easy release liner, the tape is precut at 150mm lengths.
You simply peel and stick so it is even quicker than before.
The adhesive is very strong it has a waterproof top surface and the holes have been made to an optimum
size for plaster to grab onto subsurface.

Note the pre cut in middle of picture.

Attachments

• 20201112_191534.jpg
    20201112_191534.jpg
    976.4 KB · Views: 127
It now comes on a roll with an easy release liner, the tape is precut at 150mm lengths.
The adhesive is very strong it has a waterproof top surface and the holes have been made to an optimum
Why 150mm

Question submitted by @essexandy

"If the surface of the tape is waterproof, then its not going to be at the same suction as the as the substrate. So you would be finishing round the bead and the plaster on the tape would be drying at different rate, potential for these bits to drag or blister".

Why 150mm
That proved the most economical length to use without losing strength of grip.
It can be produced in a continuous roll but the idea of peel and stick makes it easier to use with no waste.

"If the surface of the tape is waterproof, then its not going to be at the same suction as the as the substrate. So you would be finishing round the bead and the plaster on the tape would be drying at different rate, potential for these bits to drag or blister".
Same as a metal bead, no real issue, or a plastic bead for that matter.

Yeah that.

Adhesive will not be an issue, three coats of well bonded paint pulled straight off

Attachments

• 20201113_115015.jpg
    20201113_115015.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 127
Samples for BEADFIX tape will be going out in about a week .
Anyone wanting a free sample pm me with address, @Tinytom, i did not keep previous addresses so you will need to resend if you want to try it.

That proved the most economical length to use without losing strength of grip.
It can be produced in a continuous roll but the idea of peel and stick makes it easier to use with no waste.
well, must say it looks good tapit, like the idea of 150mm lens, hope it goes well for you,.......approx how much a roll will it sell for, best of luck with it

I am sending out strips of free sample tape rather than full rolls.
This will save on postage and allow me to send loads more out to try.
PM me your details if you want to try.

I am sending out strips of free sample tape rather than full rolls.
This will save on postage and allow me to send loads more out to try.
PM me your details if you want to try.
Face palm

Gyproc leveline flex, used for internal and external adjustable angles., get you out the s**t this combination.

Attachments

• 20201208_115335.jpg
    20201208_115335.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 131
  • 20201208_120909.jpg
    20201208_120909.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 135
Confused by your own post?
I find clout nails ,great when dabbing goes right up to angel you are fixing to.but do you agree that staples are great when there is nothing substantial behind that length of baord.i would still like to use board nails for all my boarding.a lath axe is a lot cheaper than a f***in drill.