New to plastering need the experience

Frostie

Hi my names Ian , I'm 48 years, and want to get into the plastering game, I have finished a plastering intensive course and loved it . I am looking to change careers but finding it hard to get the experience, I am hard working and reliable with my own car and tools and very eager to start, I am based near Wolverhampton and I am looking to start off with weekend work with experienced plasterers to learn as much as I can , any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi my names Ian , I'm 48 years, and want to get into the plastering game, I have finished a plastering intensive course and loved it . I am looking to change careers but finding it hard to get the experience, I am hard working and reliable with my own car and tools and very eager to start, I am based near Wolverhampton and I am looking to start off with weekend work with experienced plasterers to learn as much as I can , any help would be greatly appreciated.
Ian , most of the plasterers at 48 are only fit for an old peoples home !
Ian , most of the plasterers at 48 are only fit for an old peoples home !
Thanks for your post Malc, I'm only starting out at 48 so I'm still fresh , age is only a state of mind

Best of luck,but why plastering?.You’ll have to work for fcuk all for a long time to get to a decent level.

Welcome ian its a hard game to get into... at 48 i want to be retired not starrting a new career :)

Good luck it is a good trade though :)

I work in steel at the moment , I'm used to aches and pains and hard work , but for me that final finish where it looks great and your customers happy , is a job well done

FYI mate .....most plasterers 48 or more don’t work weekends!
But good luck and best wishes.
Thanks for your post mate , I know mate , the problem I've got is a catch twenty one , I work all week doing my normal job ,because I haven't got the experience I can't drop my money in the week , so I'm doing weekends to build up the confidence and experience

I’m in my Forties and still mixing it up like I was 20 , age is just a number
ADB85E72-863D-46EB-B07D-627A4090C508.jpeg

Thanks for your post Malc, I'm only starting out at 48 so I'm still fresh , age is only a state of mind

Ian, i think that you are an other victim of a HIGH PRESSURE SALESMAN at the course centre.
we usually have about 2 posts a week about late starters . it takes 3 years working full time to be able to cover your money. just doing an odd weekend will take a lifetime.

Ian, i think that you are an other victim of a HIGH PRESSURE SALESMAN at the course centre.
we usually have about 2 posts a week about late starters . it takes 3 years working full time to be able to cover your money. just doing an odd weekend will take a lifetime.
Having said that, frostie has all the makings of a nutter (said with love) so reckon he may be a born plasterer and now is his time to shine!!

Hi Malc , how do the other late starters get started, the course centre was great there was no pressure at all it was my own decision , its something that I've wanted to do for ages, but with family life and mortgages etc, I could never do it,

Hi my name is James I'm 115 years old and just getting into the plastering game any tips and advice would be great! I'm currently in a lovely home I've banged all the carer's and the staff are getting sick of me pissing and shitting myself so thought I would fit well into plastering...oh and I talk complete bollox!

Ian, I have know idea how late starters get on. Most plasterers will have started off labouring for £20-40 a day. Your going to struggle to find a plasterer that will pay you a decent wage and let you loose on his job so you can take his clients when your up to speed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk