New to the forum here from NJ... i would like to know more about Diamond Veneer.

Luan

Hello Luan here i would like to know best way to polish diamond plaster ... i live in New Jersey doing couple jobs here Diamond is getting more popular here, i personal prefer to use Diamond spite of regular mud compound, im doing the interior of a 3 floors house all imperial and diamond, now i did some research and i think its very possible to polish with wax, didn't try yet but will soon anybody can give me a lil idea before tho??

Hello Luan here i would like to know best way to polish diamond plaster ... i live in New Jersey doing couple jobs here Diamond is getting more popular here, i personal prefer to use Diamond spite of regular mud compound, im doing the interior of a 3 floors house all imperial and diamond, now i did some research and i think its very possible to polish with wax, didn't try yet but will soon anybody can give me a lil idea before tho??

Hello and welcome to the asylum.

Yes you can polish diamond. You can even tint it if you like. Have quite a few pictures if you're interested. Diamond is made as a one coat system but I'm like you. I prefer to use base coat when I can, I enjoy doing base and I think it gives a better finish. As far as wax goes it my recommendation changes based on the texture and look you're going for. I've used soap stone, cera wax, briwax, carnauba wax, and a few others. They all can work but are better at different things. Let me know what look you're going for and I'll try to point you in the right direction.

I did a lot of plaster in upstate NY and NYC but live in western NC now. Nice to have another east coast guy on here.

Yes you can polish diamond. You can even tint it if you like. Have quite a few pictures if you're interested. Diamond is made as a one coat system but I'm like you. I prefer to use base coat when I can, I enjoy doing base and I think it gives a better finish. As far as wax goes it my recommendation changes based on the texture and look you're going for. I've used soap stone, cera wax, briwax, carnauba wax, and a few others. They all can work but are better at different things. Let me know what look you're going for and I'll try to point you in the right direction.

I did a lot of plaster in upstate NY and NYC but live in western NC now. Nice to have another east coast guy on here.

Thanks alot every one fort the reply, sound very good Heritage Plasters , im looking for a shining glossy as possible look, the customer realy thinks will give Caracter to the walls, she wants Beeswax but with one you recomend for glossy look? i will live the normal texture its smooth looking good customer dont want to paint so between seal and wax, wax was chosed i will do the polishing next week, thanks alot for the reply i would like to see polished diamond wall pics.. i will soon post pictures also, im being doing diamond for a wile but on staircase walls in NY now doing more residencial houses spliting the word about diamond venner is kinda Veneetian plaster but more on the buget and stronger in my opinion great stuff i love to work with.. so with one recomended for glossy/reflection fonish? thanks alot !

If you're just looking for a lot of shine on smooth plaster I would try carnauba wax first. You can get it at about any auto parts store and a large 6" rat tail grinder with a buffing wheel will make the walls pop. It will slightly change the color when you wax but not drastically so I always recommend doing a small test area to make sure you like the look. Rub it on with a rag / microfiber applicator and then buff it to a shine with your grinder. You can do it by hand but it'll be a lot of work and $150 - $200 will be money well spent to save your arm and time.

When you wax you do make it harder to patch in the future because nothing will stick to wax so you have to strip it off to fix something but it can look amazing.

First picture has a tinted briwax on diamond. (not going for a shine, just the color effect mostly.) Second has carnauba but is on top of Venetian.

Attachments

• 20170922_134021.jpg
    20170922_134021.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 195
  • DSC04385.JPG
    DSC04385.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 214
Last edited: