• Start date
D

Deleted member 32554

Time for a new van , in September , am considering this

15594088715381399459080.jpg

Parents don't want it
Planning to go onto site work next year ,
Question is can I claim on tax to buy it

If its a work van you can claim as a works van. Insurance will be interesting though so phone up and ask as you will have to change its use to carry kit.. Not sure how that will work as not designed for carrying kit? You can use it to drive to work but if you have accident with heavy work kit in the back you could be in trouble

If its a work van you can claim as a works van. Insurance will be interesting though so phone up and ask as you will have to change its use to carry kit.. Not sure how that will work as not designed for carrying kit? You can use it to drive to work but if you have accident with heavy work kit in the back you could be in trouble
Was intending on gutting it , making it more versatile , only intend standard tools for skimming and will probably use a trailer , will check out insurance

Problem is it’s not a van, at most you get a percentage of it through on AIA.

One drawback is London emissions , if I went in on a Sunday came out next Sunday would I be charged ?

I do that dan..(vans only worth 2k).does make accounting easier but If I had a van on lease I think It would be better to account for all expenses ?
(milage charge same new or old van)

Nice one , looks a good van too I was looking at similar yesterday
Gone off the idea now , was too complicated to be worth the effort ( didn't realise they were worth that much ) , gonna buy a transit hi top , I'll get more versatile parking and not be noticed if I'm in a street for a week or two

I do that dan..(vans only worth 2k).does make accounting easier but If I had a van on lease I think It would be better to account for all expenses ?
(milage charge same new or old van)

I just go by what my accountant said... I use tobuy my bikes through the business but it worked out better to claim the milage

I just go by what my accountant said... I use tobuy my bikes through the business but it worked out better to claim the milage
I won't be doing many miles , too and from site once a week , going to London for a couple of rooms next week, will stay till I'm done , work longer days ( no travel time ) , fortunately I can park in their drive , did a couple of month's in London last years and well happy with the pennies , just had to move the van once a day from parking restrictions .

My mate in wales has an 18 tonne RV and he is a builder.... flipping huge thing it is. He binned his house off for it and just parks on the jobs