Newbie help

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

raymitch

Hi people

Just started plastering my house (walls and ceilings) and I am after some advice. Been plastering for about three weeks after learning on a day course. End result is alright, some imperfections here and there. I am plastering on top of existing plaster which is sound with 50/50 coat of water/pva. When putting on thin coat angle bead for around windows do I need to remove the previous ones? Also what is the best way to remove the imperfections on the plaster. I was thinking of a light sand, miscoat, fill where needed and even paint?

Thanks

Ray

Alright ray welcome to the forum. No you don't have to take the old corner beads off,and for your imperfections,Get friendly with easifill and sandpaper:RpS_thumbup:

alreet Raymondo.........welcome along marra...........use matt emulsion paint as it doesnst show up the imperfections in the plaster as much as a silk finish...........happy sanding....:RpS_thumbup:

Welcome mate ,i think Arti and Fatarm have covered it all ,best of luck with it :RpS_thumbup:

Lee it's in the DIY section marralad :RpS_thumbup:

Don't you wanna t-shirt and mug???:RpS_confused:

No.
And a one day course is a joke wether it's DIY or not, one day lmao :RpS_laugh:
I'm not laughing at you Raymitch I'm laughing at the one day course, not your fault you gave your money away to conmen.

No.
And a one day course is a joke wether it's DIY or not, one day lmao :RpS_laugh:
I'm not laughing at you Raymitch I'm laughing at the one day course, not your fault you gave your money away to conmen.
How true:RpS_thumbup:

ray how are you? pull up a chair and lets have a cuppa
wife and kids ok? you going out tonight? you need to borrow my van anytime just let me know

just dont try and put too much on at a time, stick to one wall at a time (the smallest ) just clout nail the new beads over the old one and when Spunky gets here ignore him hes a suppressed under the thumb monkey that feels the need to vent his anger on this forum :RpS_lol: but above most keep coming back here because its a good laugh

Status
Not open for further replies.