Nice day for it.

• Thread starter Deleted member 23452
  • Start date

Members online

D

Deleted member 23452

Fitting an arch apex lintel, then making and fitting a 5.2 metre flitch beam in mid air with 40 mph winds and p1ssing rain that is. :nocausagracia:

I normally enjoy this sort of work, but January isn't really the month for it.

DUUUBGQXUAA8mNJ.jpg

You could be sitting there with blood coming out of your balls after a vasectomy.. i no which one id take

Yes, well, there's always someone worse off. :(

Still, if you're daft enough to let a complete stranger go full ninja on your love spuds then you should realise it isn't going to end well. :frenetico:

Yes, well, there's always someone worse off. :(

Still, if you're daft enough to let a complete stranger go full ninja on your love spuds then you should realise it isn't going to end well. :frenetico:
True dat was all a good idea an hour ago im now finding the true words of discomfort never mind.
Least the owners will have a solid roof

Or you could have been driving for 3 hours in horrendous traffic have a meeting then do the same journey with the return of shitty traffic :-(

I will say now count me and @zombie out of your job if your declaring now you work in the rain cos no way are we up for that even for £11 an hour

have you used left over bricks from a number of past jobs? lol

I'll have you know those are special blend Northcote bricks and they cost a bloody fortune. :LOL:

There's no counting for taste. They do look a lot better in normal light and when they're not soaked though.

I'll have you know those are special blend Northcote bricks and they cost a bloody fortune. :LOL:

There's no counting for taste. They do look a lot better in normal light and when they're not soaked though.
In London the yellow stocks are a fortune I remember when was doing the restoration on the German embassy in London the brick layer was doing all the brick stitching and all had to go back in stocks even though was being rendered but I suppose with that work it all has to go back as it were cost must of been massive

In London the yellow stocks are a fortune I remember when was doing the restoration on the German embassy in London the brick layer was doing all the brick stitching and all had to go back in stocks even though was being rendered but I suppose with that work it all has to go back as it were cost must of been massive

Similar sort of deal on this job, new Imperial sized inter-war commons for the extension, and retain all the old brick from knocking the back wall to brick up two doors and windows. It's a faff, but I'd much rather be doing this sort of work than a rendered block box extension or some timber framed new build.

Looking forward to getting the roof on though, get inside and the weather can do what it wants. Obviously it'll turn warm and sunny as soon as it's water tight. :rolleyes: