No beads again

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

mark ross

Private Member
Turning a plain brick facade into rendered goergian facade, all traditionally crafted, including 32 Quions, window bandings and key stones, plinths, rustication on the portico with a run in situ top moulding with not a bead in sight. Ill put some pics up as we progress.

Nice one Mark.............I have to laugh though when you say 'no beads again'..........I now realise I'm slowly but surely becoming a traditional plasterer ..........................scary:RpS_crying:

fricken hell... I hope teh pictures make more sense than that to me....

I am losing the touch.... I need to get back on the tools i think :)

Turning a plain brick facade into rendered goergian facade, all traditionally crafted, including 32 Quions, window bandings and key stones, plinths, rustication on the portico with a run in situ top moulding with not a bead in sight. Ill put some pics up as we progress.

Nice one Mark.............I have to laugh though when you say 'no beads again'..........I now realise I'm slowly but surely becoming a traditional plasterer ..........................scary:RpS_crying:

Are you not using beads because its impractical or you dont like using them??

Are you not using beads because its impractical or you dont like using them??

The remit on this job was to produce a finish that would look like it had been there for many years. The customer is intending not to paint the render but let it age and weather nauturally.

With this in mind , bare edges of stainless stop and angle bead would ruin the authenticity we set out to acheive. There are elements like the quions and mouldings run in situ that obviously cant be acheived using beads.

Thread bump: Did you ever post the pics Mark?

Cheers

rugbymad again , there was no beads in Georgian times, hope you take the time to do this well,sometimes I would like to be back in uk,cheers rugbymad

Found some .
image.jpg
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 755
Wow!

That's stunning Mark! Some real talent and long days went into that I bet. You must have a good team of lads around you to pull that off to such a standard.

I'm really impressed!

Great work Mark &cheers for posting. Lots of detail on show there. What sort of mixes did you use? & Do you ever tint your mixes with pigment for a finish?

Cheers

All done gary . That present you gave me was the nuts !

Steve is really good at using it lol .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.