No joint filler

Members online

Donzo

Anyone used this with success, got a job were some joints are behind a staircase hand rails, and door margins less than 15mm,,facings are on etc,,,
Could use caulk but rather not if this gear works. Not used to no tape scenario.
Screenshot_20180414-101940.png

There's a similar polish gear out for a long time where they don't tape never used it tho
Isn't this the same stuff like that rocket dab?

Reactions: gps
There's a similar polish gear out for a long time where they don't tape never used it tho
Isn't this the same stuff like that rocket dab?
Never seen that polish gear zolco,,,, I have read the spec for this stuff,,, if it works it can pull us out of some holes,,,, more so if it works in nuisance cracks that need taping on ceilings. I will try it and let customer know to contact me if it cracks.

Wonder how that works then?

I was thinking fibre reinforced but having looked at the spec, I think not.
Weird that the piccy on the tub shows it being used as a board joint filler, but the specification does not list this as an application. It's sold as a repair filler.

Given that Donzo, I hereby rename this product "call back".

That polish gear looks nuts.
1/2" board on 600 centres with no joint tape and theyll guarentee it not crack. must be like knicker elastic.

I was thinking fibre reinforced but having looked at the spec, I think not.
Weird that the piccy on the tub shows it being used as a board joint filler, but the specification does not list this as an application. It's sold as a repair filler.

Given that Donzo, I hereby rename this product "call back".
Its polymer overload,,,,, their quick dry 20 is far better than easi fill.

Make Good No-Tape Jointing & Filling
This product was designed to allow you to tape and joint plasterboard without the use of tape!

It has a high polymer content and reinforcement fibres in the mix to provide you with an extra strong bond between the boards and greatly reduces the chances of cracking.

A white drying colour means less coats of paint are needed, saving time and money, making it ideal for many trades.

Greatly reduces,,,,,,,mmmmmm

Thank god someone tagged me in I been trying to find recent history on here since it changed and can’t work out anything now ,

It’s Saint-Gobain product , available in Poland and Czech and Hungary

lol :D I am doing the best I can to make it all as similar as possible

its a cowboys dream yeehaa
I know,,,, I had a reply from manufacturer as I can't get feedback. They have tested out on tapered joints as well, and they say it is now OK to use as well as butt joints. Old bags now to be changed to same wording as ready mixed.
Only time will tell.

I know,,,, I had a reply from manufacturer as I can't get feedback. They have tested out on tapered joints as well, and they say it is now OK to use as well as butt joints. Old bags now to be changed to same wording as ready mixed.
Only time will tell.

Can you send me the details of the manufacturer please :)

Fx tape less compound was the first out in 2016
They seem to work,,,, they are like elastic.

I heard it don't sand as a little rubbery. Guess the idea is not to sand it and get a good finish. I'm not trying it until I get an informative opinion.

It says on bag, sand. ✔️ Might be very good for crack filling,,,, if it flexes, would it ever take off on site,? probably need some approval from construction standards if the system is viable.
Just bought a bag,,,, it doesn't say sand,,,, though I think I read it online it has to be sanded,,, using it Monday. 15 min working time on bag.