non suction float???

Status
Not open for further replies.
that is funny as fu.ck that video ... they are trying to promote their product and they have some pikey smoking a roll up with another tucked behind his ear showing us how to use the float. haha

I recon it could work. sometimes (usually when its still a bit wet for floating) you do get a feeling that the float is sticking to the product to much and can pull it open. looks like with this the air can circulate to stop drag, maybe get flaoted off sooner
worth a try imo

think it would work, i have used one of the hardwall diamond floats on wet render before and that worked well but all you have to do is drill and countersink a float.

simplybesty said:
think it would work, i have used one of the hardwall diamond floats on wet render before and that worked well but all you have to do is drill and countersink a float.

what did the render finish like? we're s&c rendering a house in a couple of weeks and we need a new float as we're down to 1 good one somehow. was tempted to try the plastic draper one church was on about a while ago

church has got the big one but i cant find it anywhere online. just gonn get an EMIR float and rape it with a sander

thats probably why i cant find one then haha. whats the difference between the emir superlight and heavy duty float apart from the price church?!

Floats dont stick to the wall anyway, this is adressing a problem that doesnt exist.

Its like inventing an bacon lettuce and tomatoe sandwich that doesnt steal cars.

Dont no mate my emirs are years old ,only heard of the superlight version when you posted me that link , i reckon its just lighter in weight and maybe will wear in quicker but on the down side might not last as long ???

church said:
Dont no mate my emirs are years old ,only heard of the superlight version when you posted me that link , i reckon its just lighter in weight and maybe will wear in quicker but on the down side might not last as long ???

i reckon i'll get the heavy duty one and spend that bit longer sanding it.

i would get more than one , wear in a few cause you can never have to many worn in tools , well you can but i hope you no what i mean ;)

church said:
i would get more than one , wear in a few cause you can never have to many worn in tools , well you can but i hope you no what i mean ;)

how much should i be taking off it. a couple of mill?

the float should come with a Diamond type pattern to the face of the float try to get that off and when its smooth round the edges off a bit then it should be good to go , if you want and the sander will do it take off a bit more , mine are about a 1/4 of the new float thickness .

Screeding floors have always broke my floats in luckily i have a couple of broken in floats as i dont do alot of screeding these days it hurts too much.

nelly said:
Floats dont stick to the wall anyway, this is adressing a problem that doesnt exist.

Its like inventing an bacon lettuce and tomatoe sandwich that doesnt steal cars.
sticking is the wrong word surface transference or the drag factor is more like it. i believe this float could reduce drag slightly

Another solution if you're finding your float is sucking too much is to take it down the the registry office and marry it.

That'll stop it!

Status
Not open for further replies.