NVQ help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys,

Here's the definitive answer regarding what you need for cscs card, direct from them. In a nutshell, got your nvq2 or above....you're good. If not and you've got some experience, you can still gat a card for 12 months....but you need to get the nvq2 during this timeframe if you want to get the full ticket.

Good Morning

Thank you for your email.

To apply for a Plastering Skilled Workers CSCS Card, you are required to hold one of the following:

- NVQ Level 2 or 3
- Employer Apprenticeship (supported by City and Guilds craft/advanced craft and proof of apprenticeship completion, i.e. deeds/indentures)
- Approved Apprenticeship (for example, completion proof of SBATC / NJCBI)

If you do not have any of the above mentioned qualifications but have around three - five years’ experience you can apply for an Experienced Worker CSCS Card. This card will be entitled to you for one year, this card is not renewable and during this year you will need to achieve the relevant S/NVQ Qualification. Once you have achieved this qualification you will then be able to apply for the full five-year skilled card. Proof of registration to the S/NVQ is required before you can apply for this card.

We need to remain impartial when advising people about completing their S/NVQs. This is because there are various Awarding Organisations and colleges that run S/NVQs throughout the country.

I would however suggest that you go to QCF Qualification search. You can then search for training centres by region, postcode or qualifications offered.

Should you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact us by return email or phone the CSCS Helpdesk on 0344 994 4777.

Kind Regards,

CSCS Team

T: 0344 994 4777
E: cscs.team@citb.co.uk
W: CSCS - Construction Skills Certification Scheme - OFFICIAL WEBSITE

The post above is correct. If anyone needs any further information or requires regarding the NVQ level 2 then send me a pm or e-mail and i'll help as best as i can. At the moment we have funding to deliver the NVQ in most area's over England.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.